• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

[Heads up] Scam Of The Week: CEO Fraud bad guys are now bribing your users

@Alex Snyder and @Alexander Lau. Something that I'm doing right now that pertains to the basis of this thread (security) is, I'm contacting every vendor that has a contract or agreement with any of our dealerships and requesting a copy of the agreement and three months of invoices. Vendor means, if you send us a bill, I want to review your agreement. Everything from trash services to digital marketing and everything in between. It has absolutely amazed me that people that I've never spoken with before, they have no record that I even work with the company and they are sending me this information because I'm simply requesting it. So far the only company that has said no is RouteOne. They confirmed that I'm not listed as an admin on the original agreement and they need one of those people listed to send in the request. Although, they did tell me everyone who was listed as an admin. Crazy huh?!?!

@Alex Snyder and @Alexander Lau. Something that I'm doing right now that pertains to the basis of this thread (security) is, I'm contacting every vendor that has a contract or agreement with any of our dealerships and requesting a copy of the agreement and three months of invoices. Vendor means, if you send us a bill, I want to review your agreement. Everything from trash services to digital marketing and everything in between. It has absolutely amazed me that people that I've never spoken with before, they have no record that I even work with the company and they are sending me this information because I'm simply requesting it. So far the only company that has said no is RouteOne. They confirmed that I'm not listed as an admin on the original agreement and they need one of those people listed to send in the request. Although, they did tell me everyone who was listed as an admin. Crazy huh?!?!

Yep, I've experienced this a couple times. Usually, a random genius that believes my department doesn't know what we're doing and decides they want to edit something then makes a phone call or sends an email to support. Thank goodness I've built some great relationships with our vendors because I've always been notified by them before disaster strikes.

Reactions: Diana Eidson
I'm not referring to the relevancy of content, that's cool with me. I'm referring to the spammy nature in how it's being pushed to loads of channels and backlinks, including this channel.