• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer Inspire & their SEO/SEM

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
We are a GM dealer looking to make the switch to Dealer Inspire with GM opening up to other vendors. Of course CDK's $754mo cost is a basement bargain and now we are looking at $3,000 before adding SEO - $1,000mo potentially, and SEM which we spend about $3,000.

Like to hear from Dealers using Dealer Inspire and if you using their SEO/SEM vs others.As well how are they with support?

One SEM/SEO partner we are looking at is Venture Auotmotive or Dealer TeamWork (which we have been with DTW prior)

Currently we are with Team Velocity for SEM and seeing good results with SEM and service, but not in sales traffic, we are flat after a lot of money spent.

Hi Eley. My company, Wikimotive, has been working with Dealer Inspire for a number of years now. In fact, presently, they're the only automotive web provider we recommend. I'd love to talk to you further about SEO and other digital marketing goals you have. Check us out at Wikimotive.com or simply google automotive seo and find us online at the top of the results.

You can contact me directly:

Timothy Martell
CEO
Wikimotive
[email protected]
603-899-7677

$1,000 a month for SEO seems a bit on the high side.
I'm not sure what level of access DI gives you, but Wordpress sites make it easier than ever to build on-site SEO.
Craig, $1,000/month for SEO is high for Indian spam. You can't get anything resembling SEO for $1,000/month. If you're serious about competing in search you should be spending thousands/month to generate results. Why does it make sense to spend $3k, $5k, $15k/month on paid search which converts at 2% when you could convert at 30% with SEO?

Craig, $1,000/month for SEO is high for Indian spam. You can't get anything resembling SEO for $1,000/month. If you're serious about competing in search you should be spending thousands/month to generate results. Why does it make sense to spend $3k, $5k, $15k/month on paid search which converts at 2% when you could convert at 30% with SEO?

Having paid for SEO services that have worked and services that didn't work at all, I feel that monthly rate is high.
I typically negotiate something more sensible like a high upfront fee for the initial SEO analysis and effort and a lower ongoing monthly fee for maintenance. If an SEO company can explain to me how they're going to spend 20 hours a month on specific actions for the SEO of my site, I might be willing to discuss $1000.

I can assure you however, that you will never get 20 hours of work for $1,000 unless you're calling India.

Just have to get more creative.
The people that work for an SEO company all day often freelance at night.
Not every service has to have the overhead of using a company.
In my experience, that overhead never got me better results.