• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carsforsale.com

Wow a listing company that has it right and inexpensive?

Was actually looking at another post in here and never have seen this company before, but it looks like they have a lot to offer. Tons better price-point then AT and Cars. Has anyone here used them? What kind of ROI are you seeing? Very curious almost too good to be true..

Here is the video I found on them...

Sell more cars for less money - Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

Anyone?

Xpost from the other thread:

We use CFS for the listings on their site only. We average 70 leads a month. Many of them are out of state but we've sold 1-2 a month and I think we're paying $89 because we have two locations. You will find them mainly in smaller independents and for many of them CFS is a huge value for a website they can advertise and their simple C/L tool. And I have to say when I need something changed like a weblead address they are the first to have it done. Credit to them for excellent customer service. All that said it is a bit strange to see them in Franchise stores.....

Hope that helps

Anyone have any updates around this service?

Good - Bad - worth the money or poor ROI?

We are still using it at my dealerships and have actually added a few supplemental accounts (as I references in a prior post). The cost for the website hosting alone is worth it. Let's put it this way. We buy a ton of sub-prime leads that wind up costing roughly $200-$400 per car sold. We spent less than that for the entire CarsForSale service and always sell at least one car a month that we can directly attribute to CarsForSale itself. Of course that doesn't take into account Craigslist or any of the other tools they have available, which we do use pretty regularly. In fact, we have a girl that works about 4 hours a day for us just posting Craigslist ads.

So yeah, I would say it makes sense to us because it is such a nominal cost compared to what you get. At the very least, its worth a try at $99... and they will probably give you a promotional option to start.

I have been reviewing the information the rep at carsforsale sent to me. Not too bad especially considering that they will handle our entire inventory for a major fraction of what we are paying with AT and Cars. I think there is more than room in the budget for this. Looked at the posting tools and other features that they have, very streamlined, clean and looks like my internet manager can handle this in a half hour or less each week. So here is the best part I have been speaking with a rep that used to be in the cars business and reminded me that I can probably use some of the co-op advertising money for this as well. Doing some serious checking on that for this. Don’t get me wrong they are in no way the Prime Rib of listing sites but they understand they are a tool for me to utilize at a very affordable $199 a month for 200 plus units. I figure this if I can get a couple of leads a month and even just sell one of them it pays for itself.
But don’t by any means take my word for it give them a call and see for yourself. I am going to try them out for the summer and if they perform I will keep them, if not I can cancel and walk away, because they are not making me sign a contract. Feel free to e-mail me and I will give you the reps name and contact info if you want to call him. If not just call them and see what they have to say. Heck I have spent more money on useless mass marketing lists that what they would charge for the whole year. I will keep everyone updated, on the leads and closing ratios we get.

shill/SHil/
Noun: An accomplice of a seller who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1....,cf.osb&fp=b8d3507e6eb33518&biw=1600&bih=799

I have been reviewing the information the rep at carsforsale sent to me. Not too bad especially considering that they will handle our entire inventory for a major fraction of what we are paying with AT and Cars. I think there is more than room in the budget for this. Looked at the posting tools and other features that they have, very streamlined, clean and looks like my internet manager can handle this in a half hour or less each week. So here is the best part I have been speaking with a rep that used to be in the cars business and reminded me that I can probably use some of the co-op advertising money for this as well. Doing some serious checking on that for this. Don’t get me wrong they are in no way the Prime Rib of listing sites but they understand they are a tool for me to utilize at a very affordable $199 a month for 200 plus units. I figure this if I can get a couple of leads a month and even just sell one of them it pays for itself.
But don’t by any means take my word for it give them a call and see for yourself. I am going to try them out for the summer and if they perform I will keep them, if not I can cancel and walk away, because they are not making me sign a contract. Feel free to e-mail me and I will give you the reps name and contact info if you want to call him. If not just call them and see what they have to say. Heck I have spent more money on useless mass marketing lists that what they would charge for the whole year. I will keep everyone updated, on the leads and closing ratios we get.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Anyone have any updates around this service?

Good - Bad - worth the money or poor ROI?
Terrible.

Some of our stores fell for their 3-6 month free gimmick and forgot about it since it's a minimal $99 /mo expense.

To be fair, it's really easy to forget about something that (if we're lucky) only generates 1 lead every couple of months.

I never realized we were signed up either until a bill recently landed on my desk. I submitted a cancellation request for the stores in our group on January 26th which they apparently didn't process because I'm not an authorized contact on the accounts (and the authorized contacts no longer work here or have since retired).

And boy do they make it difficult to cancel. After spending 90 minutes on the phone with them again they didn't even want to allow us to cancel with a letter from our auto group CFO.

So just wanted to post this as a reminder to check to see if your dealership is signed up and blindly paying the $99 /mo bill like we were. If so, check the ROI in your CRM and you'll most likely want to cancel too. +$100 :)

• :light:
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Terrible.

Some of our stores fell for their 3-6 month free gimmick and forgot about it since it's a minimal $99 /mo expense.

To be fair, it's really easy to forget about something that (if we're lucky) only generates 1 lead every couple of months.

I never realized we were signed up either until a bill recently landed on my desk. I submitted a cancellation request for the stores in our group on January 26th which they apparently didn't process because I'm not an authorized contact on the accounts (and the authorized contacts no longer work here or have since retired).

And boy do they make it difficult to cancel. After spending 90 minutes on the phone with them again they didn't even want to allow us to cancel with a letter from our auto group CFO.

So just wanted to post this as a reminder to check to see if your dealership is signed up and blindly paying the $99 /mo bill like we were. If so, check the ROI in your CRM and you'll most likely want to cancel too. +$100 :)
You may have the record for a revived thread, @Ryan Everson! The gap between the last post and your's is over 9 years LOL
I do agree with what you said. They fly under the radar because of their cost per month. They make it difficult to cancel and they'll even give you three months free if you want to cancel so you likely forget about it (I did that). Ultimately, very few leads and sales over the years. Figured cost per sale ended up at around $400 to $500 per which doesn't sound bad unless you compare it to our average. That annual cost of $8,000-$9,000 for the group could be spent else where.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner