DealerRefresh Top100

@joe.pistell

I've been toying around with the idea of something like that for a while. I feel like an AI bot might be good enough to get customer's to the right dealer/vehicle - kind of like an AI broker that would get you to a person once far enough in the process. When it comes to people wanting to negotiate I find that interesting. If you do enough research you should be able to find what you could pay for any vehicle, new or used. Most customers are terrible at negotiating, especially when going up against a salesperson who does it for a living. I know what I want to pay and generally just want the easiest path to it.

Reactions: joe.pistell

WHO needs to be disrupted in auto????​

View attachment 7934
And they wonder why DR failed? hahahaha.
Technology Vendors serving our space need to be disrupted. Said in another way, "Tech needs car ppl more than car ppl needs tech"

Idea: DealerRefresh Top100

Car guys that get tech are a rare breed. I propose a DealerRefresh Top100. Possibly an upvote system to automate it. Think of the power of this list:
Matt Haiken, DrewAment, Rick Buffkin, Ryan Everson, Chris Cachor, Mitch Gallant, JessicaRuth, kevin Frye, ryan.leslie, jon.berna, Stefan Precup, ChrisR, digital_gangster, and so, so many more.

What a powerhouse of knowledge and wisdom this would be.
I've been waiting for years for someone to come in and disrupt the online service scheduler space. I know Dealer Inspire was working on one years ago, but I'm guessing it got mothballed during the Cars acquisition along with the inventory management platform they were building.

Can someone please give COX's XTime a run for their money? They are by far the best in the class, but the market is just asking for some real competition to help fuel further innovation.

It is a challenging space to enter though with the complexity and expense of bi-directional DMS integrations, OEM maintenance schedules, etc which is why I'm assuming the space has been relatively stagnant for so long.

I've been waiting for years for someone to come in and disrupt the online service scheduler space. I know Dealer Inspire was working on one years ago, but I'm guessing it got mothballed during the Cars acquisition along with the inventory management platform they were building.

Can someone please give COX's XTime a run for their money? They are by far the best in the class, but the market is just asking for some real competition to help fuel further innovation.

It is a challenging space to enter though with the complexity and expense of bi-directional DMS integrations, OEM maintenance schedules, etc which is why I'm assuming the space has been relatively stagnant for so long.
Speaking of disruption and COX, someone needs to make a better tool for sourcing than Stockwave. It's buggy, breaks often, and is designed in a way that throws A TON of information at you while not considering what is actually useful. Support is non existent. It's highly customizable which is nice but I find myself only using a fraction of it because of all the fluff. This is yet another product I'd love to build if I had the wherewithal, etc....

"Wherewithal". Such a profound word, don't hear it used enough in software circles.
Having worked on both sides, currently on the dealer side, I often find myself using words that don't fit the common vernacular. Which is leading me to think I need to get back on the software side. I've got an itch I don't think can be scratched in my current situation.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner

@Ryan Everson I can't believe I'm saying this but Tekion's Service Scheduler seems to be a preferred tool over XTime within our auto group. We moved, and it was painful, from DealerTrack and XTime to their DMS and Service tools end of last year. We have one XTime account left because of requirements for Mazda but otherwise all others are running Tekion in Service. That's about all they're disrupting right now. I'm waiting for their CRM team to give me the name of a single dealer who is "thrilled with their Tekion CRM". *crickets*

@Ryan Everson I can't believe I'm saying this but Tekion's Service Scheduler seems to be a preferred tool over XTime within our auto group. We moved, and it was painful, from DealerTrack and XTime to their DMS and Service tools end of last year. We have one XTime account left because of requirements for Mazda but otherwise all others are running Tekion in Service. That's about all they're disrupting right now. I'm waiting for their CRM team to give me the name of a single dealer who is "thrilled with their Tekion CRM". *crickets*
It is certainly a slick scheduler!

But as far as I know, it's currently only available if you have the Tekion DMS, not as a standalone product, correct?

I do not foresee a DMS change in our future, unless mandated by an OEM, so hopefully they will offer it standalone!

seeing this late, but we also have tekion at one of our dealerships. dealership gm and managers like the dms, but the crm is rough!

• Useful
Reactions: JDHigginbotham