• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook business page notifications

thanks for all the info, it's very much appreciated. however, i'm just a bdc internet guy. i'm only a few months into the car business, so needless to say, i have LOTS to learn. but i'm willing, and thankfully, when jerry the phone up ninja was here at our dealership, he mentioned this site to me. so let the learnin begin. and thanks again everyone.

Among the latest updates Facebook seems to have just made to business pages is a shift to a page layout similar to the way personal profiles currently are and most importantly as it relates to this thread, after waiting for over a year, we finally have a Facebook-created solution to getting notifications when people post stuff or like stuff on our business pages!

You should be able to take a tour that explains all the other new business page features before switching your page over.

Yeah... once you push forward onto the new version, you aren't allowed to go back. There's a preview mode, but it sounds like you passed that. What issues did you want to overcome before transitioning over?

Well we had a bunch of older photos that were displayed and the "Refer a Friend" link is over on the right. We overcame the changes and adapted to fit.

On a side note, does anyone know how/ where the new "Suggest a Friend" link is. I see it on the right hand side on some pages and on pages that I admin but most others I can't find the link. Thaaaaanks!

I am just getting our dealership on face book. It's been on a few days. I am really having some problems getting people to LIKE the page. Any suggestions?

First thing is to set a goal for yourself. It's tough to get fans but it becomes a little easier to grow your fanbase once you establish a sizable one. You may want to look into contests, giveaways or charity drives to pump up your fan base. Be sure to advertise it in the store, on the main site and of course on your facebook page.

Hope that's of some help, please post if you have any other questions.

Thanks Nathan. I have tied everything together that I can. I am getting ready to start with enews letters. I'm just getting started with all of this and I have so many ideas, I guess it's just figuring everything out now. I didn't think Facebook would be a problem!