• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Software for frame on car picture

Jun 16, 2014
First Name
Jan
Hi,

I have no clue how some people manage to put their companies profile on some pictures, so I thought I have to ask the experts!

I often find them online and would love to do this as well.
Does someone of you know a special program which puts this frame automatically on the pictures?
As an example please look at the attached picture.

Thanks a lot

Jan

2013_ford_mustang-frame.jpg

Sometimes you can have the overlay added dynamically by your website provider to each vehicle.

I don't have that luxury so I use a free software called XnConvert that you can get here: XnView Software · XnConvert

Basically, you throw all of your photos in there and you can do batch actions like resize, rotate, crop, or add a watermark. In this case, the watermark is your Overlay image with a transparent background. Just make sure the overlay image is the same size as your vehicle photos.

An inventory syndication provide can automatically apply a frame for you. If your provider cannot do this, or you do not have a provider, Photoshop would be your easiest solution. You can create an Action to apply the frame. This Action would a few seconds per photo to open, apply frame, save, and close each image.

Janros,

This is done automatically by most exporting software like:

Homenet
vAuto
Autobase.com
etc

In most systems you can even have a different frame for new, used, or CPO.

In Autobase at least you can also have a different frame by export, so you can have a diff phone number for CL, Autotrader, cars, etc.

You can have this done by a provider as Ricky mentioned, or it can also be done with other software.
Most of these companies that I work with use Photoshop and a batch script to get it done through one of their savvy employees or an actual graphic designer.

The best way to do it, in my opinion, is to brand photos on their way out to third parties.
This way you don't have vehicles on your own website with the same domain on them that you are already on.
Also, you can better tailor the images to each provider they are being sent to.