• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP CRM - Hate It or Love It?

I'll try to help and address a few of your concerns.

• No access CRM access from your home computer unless you have a VPN setup (This has been a huge pain) They also have no mobile solution to counter this issue.
    --I have used GoToMyPC for this with great success and low cost.
  • The system does not have an "out of office setting" You have to manually change the salesperson lead distribution every time someone takes a day off if you don't want them receiving leads. (Alex your right - their system doesn't effectively handle internet leads...one of their support people actually admitted it. I had him cornered off)
    --If you go to System Administration you can go to the User Edit section and add in vacation time.
  • The system cannot send notifications to more than 1 person at a time
    --What kind of notifications?
  • You must create individual jpg images in a photo editing program for your sales peoples signatures. (This just doesn't make any sense)
    --You can also make a template where you have the signature at the end for that salesperson OR make a signature field from one of the MISC fields.
  • The templates have very little functionality and don't work properly. ex...If you put a merge field in for (assigned salesperson) when it gets generated it will show last name, first in the actual email that goes out. Also, no merge fields in subject lines of email templates.
    --There is a DESCRIPTION field at the top of the template screen. This becomes the subject when you use the template for an email.

• The notifications don't work properly. I have had a ticket open on this for two weeks. I call everyday and they tell me they are "working on it".
    --Not sure which notifications you mean, but I always used the Case Management area of the Websuite support section online. It shows everything for you there.
  • Leads come in unassigned all the time which means if someone doesn't manually assign them they just sit there
    --First time you get an unassigned lead, go to the system administration section and the assignment rules and create the assignment. Unless you have WAY too many sources, you might only need 10 rules. I went so far as to make rules based on the subject line so it would tell me if it was a New or Used car request or certified, etc.
  • When a lead is reassigned to a new salesperson, no notification goes out to the new person. There is a checkbox for Create MISC task. Clicking this will create a miscellaneous task showing the receiver that they have a new lead.
  • Reporting is suspect but I'm still learning
    I've worked with ADP reports extensively. Let me know if I can help

They also seem to come out with meaningless "upgrades" that take 3 to 4 months to come out. The support staff seems to be very polite but there are only a few that really know there stuff. The others put you on hold - translation (They go ask one of those few people the answer).
--The most recent update I saw was an overhaul of the system to something truly web-based. I never got it running, but it looked pretty good.

--I have NEVER called ANY tech support that had every person know every answer every time. I'm SURE it's a low paying job and there's probably a ton of turnaround. There are a few there who know their stuff, though.

-Bobby Harris

Ok, I have so wanted to post to this thread everytime I read the subject. However, I was afraid I would be to obvious in my opinion but here goes - I hate it!

I could make a list but it has very few good point and the ILM portion is very outdated. I recently spoke with two ADP CRM reps as I am trying to get rid of it. I will say that several of the ideas suggested - many of which other toold have and I have seen on forums- were almost laughed out as to why I would need such things.

So since we are on the subject, anyone have advice to getting out the fees from ADP so that I can move on with life at my dealership!

Had it. Loved it. We were one of the first, and it took a couple years to get it tailored to our business, but once it "stabilized" 5-6 years ago, it was an awesome system -- very robust, and you need an animal to master it -- but if you wanted to operate at the next level, it was it! Working with 15+ manufacturers and several systems over the years, no doubt that ADP was a serious business solution. Unfortunately, after a management change at the ownership level, we bowed to corporate pressure and switched to AutoBase. Like going from the Jetsons to the Flintstones. Advice: know what you want going-in, and hire and pay a stud to be an in-house resource. When you do, you will hear a whole-lot of "Yesses" -- as in, can we do that? Yes!.

Hi lfinney. Yes -- ILM, Marketing, e-marketing. I read somewhere in this string about reports -- their "Decision Support" data mining console was outstanding -- Man, do I miss that! We are a robust "Internet" dealer, and managed our efforts 100% using ADP. Honestly, the biggest problem with the ADP system is that the ADP sales team has no clue what it can and can't do -- it's a very well-kept secret -- and that's unfortunate. If they would beef-up their front-end representation of this product, it would be quite popular.