• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help How do I engage with customers when I cant get ahold of them!

Checkout this...
http://stars.phoneninjas.com/free-phone-scripts

It has some really great scripts to follow.

Also I'm going to echo the same thing others have said. Find your true ratio. If you are just taking the overall 800 leads and using that it is not a good start as I'm pretty sure 50% of these leads are garbage to begin with. Go through the CRM find the worst figure out if they can be improved... if they can't cut that... and put that money somewhere else.

Also I would really start looking at how much data you have in the CRM, is everything logged. Is everything attributed to the right source. Is you team following your defined processes. In that regard checkout https://www.taskteacher.com/

Reactions: joe.pistell
Checkout this...
http://stars.phoneninjas.com/free-phone-scripts

It has some really great scripts to follow.

Also I'm going to echo the same thing others have said. Find your true ratio. If you are just taking the overall 800 leads and using that it is not a good start as I'm pretty sure 50% of these leads are garbage to begin with. Go through the CRM find the worst figure out if they can be improved... if they can't cut that... and put that money somewhere else.

Also I would really start looking at how much data you have in the CRM, is everything logged. Is everything attributed to the right source. Is you team following your defined processes. In that regard checkout https://www.taskteacher.com/

I took a look at that task teachers website - so they will review every lead follow up based on our campaign to inspect that we are executing our process (as we define) - and alert us if a team member breached process on a specific customer.....giving us a chance to coach and ensure that step gets done????

I'm calling them as soon as I get in :)

Since lead mix has been a hot topic on this thread - if your receiving non inventory specific leads like 3rd party leads/truecar etc - before cancelling ask the question to your rep "what distance is my radius set to" I've seen scenarios that a rep/OEM/ accident / program default to 50 miles out - even 100 miles.

Maybe your getting a few deals but too many leads from a distance that. Consumer would be unlikely to purchase.

Also with being a Chevy dealer you have the price watch piece on your website - we tend do get a lot of engagement from these - but customers will create many duplicates - I.E. - 1 customer but 7 price watches. Work flow should create a new alert and merge the customer - but for accounting make sure your lead counts are excluding duplicated customers

Last edited:
Phone ninjas can work great if utilized properly at the dealership.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but lead response time is also hugely important. Even shoppers that are browsing can be converted if you catch them before they leave your site. Here is a great stat and accompanying article about it.

“if a lead is called within five minutes versus 30 minutes after it’s submitted, that lead is 100 times more likely to be contacted and 21 times more likely to enter the sales cycle.”

Read more at http://www.business2community.com/s...sted-sales-leads-01580290#MJLjpIwjxyufEpDx.99

Beyond the above I'd recommend digging into your leads. Where are they coming from? Are you lead walling customers on your site and getting garbage leads? Is your process the same for every type of lead, or is it tailored to your lead source? Can you not get hold of customers because they are actively avoiding contact?

With a high volume of leads coming in, it would be valuable to do some analysis of your varying lead sources and identify the top sources and the most successful methods of converting them. You might find that focusing on a few specific sources proves more valuable then getting the contact information of every person that lands on your site.

That one. It's been said before but better understanding of your customer leads to more personalized contact leads to better conversion (of appointments in this case)

I would agree with 2 above things that were said that can make the largest impact. Digging into the analytics of your leads and understanding where they are coming from and being able to close the gap between the first quality response and when you reach out. Also, making sure you have a tight process in place for the sales team and how they handle the process. But with 800 incoming leads, a big % of those aren't really good leads so understanding where to focus your time is hugely important as well.

Reactions: IanWittig
Have you tried texting with your customers? You can use instant text messaging tools to get immediate replies when email, voice mail and missed calls fail you. Take a look at my profile to learn more. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great information here!

I agree that surveying closed leads. Find out what sold them on the vehicle or process and capitalize on that.

I would also recommend reviewing the information process that is currently being used.

What is the quality and quantity of pictures and information being provided?

Poor pictures can have an adverse effect on securing leads. Along those same lines, how is the information presented to the customer?

As much as securing leads and developing the sales process is critical, information accuracy and will yield increased results as well.