• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What do you guys think of everything that's happening with Facebook?

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...ivacy-commissioner_n_5cab0043e4b0a00f6d41eed0

Calling the tech giant “morally bankrupt pathological liars,” John Edwards said on Twitter on Sunday night that Facebook “cannot be trusted.”

tenor.gif

I wonder if Facebook really is indestructible.

On a personal level, I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I hate its addictiveness. I hate how everything is controlled by an algorithm. I hate that data is hard to find. I love connecting with people. I love seeing the upcoming events. I love getting a few laughs from the absurd political posts.

On a business level, I like being able to serve more targeted ads. This is quite effective for FRIKINtech. For DealerRefresh, Facebook is more on the :dunno: side. As it grew in popularity DR community traffic declined. I think that has to do with all the Facebook groups.

But organic search traffic has been interesting to watch because Facebook is not a place for an archive of answers. There might be a plethora of Facebook Automotive Communities, but due to the algorithms controlling everything people have to ask the same questions over and over and over again. Answers on DealerRefresh are a search away and Google knows that.

DealerRefresh is also on a growth ride again.

Reactions: craigh
On a personal level, I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I hate its addictiveness. I hate how everything is controlled by an algorithm. I hate that data is hard to find. I love connecting with people. I love seeing the upcoming events. I love getting a few laughs from the absurd political posts.

On a business level, I like being able to serve more targeted ads. This is quite effective for FRIKINtech. For DealerRefresh, Facebook is more on the :dunno: side. As it grew in popularity DR community traffic declined. I think that has to do with all the Facebook groups.

But organic search traffic has been interesting to watch because Facebook is not a place for an archive of answers. There might be a plethora of Facebook Automotive Communities, but due to the algorithms controlling everything people have to ask the same questions over and over and over again. Answers on DealerRefresh are a search away and Google knows that.

Did you just watch "10 things I hate about you" or something?

d1b9683cf0cb5ca0ed95e5b2ebe6197c.png

I couldn’t have said this any better. It’s a like / hate relationship for me. But overall I could leave it.

Having 2 teens, what really bothers me is the increased rate of suicide and depression amongst teens, especially girls being contributed to social media.