• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Product Ideas.

What about stip and reference processing? I know a startup that is selling software to request/collect stips through the web, but they don't seem to be marketing much. Supposedly their product analyzes the customer's uploaded stips and verifies they're real and consistent with what the customer reported.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
What about stip and reference processing? I know a startup that is selling software to request/collect stips through the web, but they don't seem to be marketing much. Supposedly their product analyzes the customer's uploaded stips and verifies they're real and consistent with what the customer reported.

Just saw someone pitching this over the weekend, as well. Curious if it would actually be beneficial.

Just saw someone pitching this over the weekend, as well. Curious if it would actually be beneficial.

It's probably the same company that I saw pitching. I've talked to some folks in different dealerships about it. In most cases, the customer is being sent home to get their stips before they can drive off in their new car, so they'd have to come back to the store anyway. I'm wondering where it fits. I do think that giving customers access to more parts of the sales process online is a step in the right direction, though.

I got one.

Automatic payoff quotes. Text a VIN, or a photo of a VIN to a phone number, and get a payoff quote, per diem, and good until date back within 5 seconds. Works for leases and loans. No computer needed, no phone calls to IVRs, no account numbers needed...

Anyone like this?

Reactions: joe.pistell
I'd like to see a GPS enabled LifeAlert/panic button/Fob type device that allows sales people to alert the store of an emergency during a test drive.

Years ago one of my co-workers was held up at gun point on a test drive. They took his clothes, phone, wallet etc and left him on the side of the road wearing only shoes and underwear. The guys laughs about it now, but at the time we had no way of knowing where he was nor did we know he was missing. He was eventual picked up by the police. (They thought he was a drunk, because he was jumping up and down on the side of the highway, yelling at cars as they drove by.)

I'd like to see a GPS enabled LifeAlert/panic button/Fob type device that allows sales people to alert the store of an emergency during a test drive.

Years ago one of my co-workers was held up at gun point on a test drive. They took his clothes, phone, wallet etc and left him on the side of the road wearing only shoes and underwear. The guys laughs about it now, but at the time we had no way of knowing where he was nor did we know he was missing. He was eventual picked up by the police. (They thought he was a drunk, because he was jumping up and down on the side of the highway, yelling at cars as they drove by.)

Have you seen the movie Suckers?