• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

2 weeks with CarWave and this is what happened

Jan 12, 2020
First Name
Mike
Here is the long story short:

I signed up with this online auction after a friend referral during this hard time where all physical auctions are closed due to pandemic and this is what happened ONLY in 2 weeks of dealing with Carwave:

1- got this car 2014 Chrysler Town & Country from Carwave with a condition report saying the following:
How It Drives: Motor mount play.
Transmission: Hard Shift
Engine: Runs OK
OBD-II Codes Pending:None

The car delivered with tranny oil dripping, not only hard shifting! it slipping, jerking and hard shaking, I filed online Arb, 3 days later the inspector showed up and confirmed there is a bigger issue than a hard shifting which is usually due to a bad tranny oil, 3 days later someone from Carwave contacted me saying :there is nothing we can do because Hard shifting was mentioned in the CR and according to him it means bad tranny, "for information when they have a car with a bad tranny they mention that with words such like Slipping or jerking, they don't ONLY mention Hard shifting" and they closed the Arb,after that we got the car to our mechanic " a professional one" we found out that the tranny needs a rebuilt due to internal broken parts with the cost of $2,000 and BTW NO MOTOR MOUNTS PLAY.

2- the other car was 2012 Chrysler Town & Country:

the car delivered with a structural damage on the pillars due to bad transportation (we have the camera footage when it was delivered), we found it out after couple of days during the detail cleaning and after we put 120 miles on the car as a pre-sale test drive, filed an arbitration and hopefully they will understand and to get more: the cylinder head 4 needs a replacement. No need to mention that the CR never mentioned that...
3- the third car is 2005 Toyota Sequoia:

The CR shows nothing wrong with suspension, the car delivered, inspected and guess what? the air suspension system is completely in-op, how they didn't notice that even with the warning on the dashboard! this will cost a fortune if it has a serious issue! and again, filed an arbitration and hopefully they will understand since I totally lost trust with this auction after what happened with the first car.

So this is my short experience with is auction:
2 weeks
6 cars purchased in total
4 cars delivered
2 cars delayed for unknown reasons
3 cars with serious issues
only 1 car came as described

Not mentioning they force you to hire their transportation only which is the highest rates in the market "even if you're miles away and willing to transport it yourself, and guess what? it might take a week to get a car 80 miles away.

and just to end this long review: when ever you call this people, nobody answers and no one return your messages.
and before I forget, it took them 13 days to sign me up after dozens of call attempts simply no body answer the phone :)

• Useful
Reactions: ChrisR