• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

360 View for Used Cars

Saw an old 360 camera laying around here about two months ago from 0-360.com .. I just laughed.

As I see it, they were a "fad" around 5-6+ years ago. The thought process was you put the camera inside the car, hit a button, and BAM ... you have a picture of the whole interior of the car. And it's ONE PHOTO!

Not used in the market for a couple reasons I can think of:
1. It obviously cost extra money to get the hardware
2. Only goes to the website -- ATC and Cars don't have an option to insert your 360 photos
3. Every single 360 photo still needs to be unwrapped. Which is a pain in the aaa.... neck.
4. You still need to take the exterior of the car

Fact is that you have a standard camera and can take as many point and click shots that you want of both the interior .. and exterior. A 360 view isn't going to show you anything that any other photo won't show you.

Not to mention there's plenty of tools out there right now that make it easy to -- point, click, and upload right to your inventory provider. So why throw a 360 camera in the mix?

I'm sure there's still guys out there using a 360 photos .. No. Idea. Why.

I think it'd work, sorta. The upside is they can see whatever part of the interior they please, and they know you can't hide anything with it. The downside is, no vendor supports it!

To get the value, you'd definitely need the traffic coming to your site from a healthy reputation or spend (or both) and you'd need the ability to arm-twist the support from your website provider. It'd be nice to have!