• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A “Cheap PLUG” for Online Reviews

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Marketing your positive reviews is a highly effective means to influence consumer behavior, I don't think I have to convince any DealerRefresh readers of that fact. Sharing some of your positive reviews with an unsold prospect can absolutely make you more approachable and help you to earn their confidence. Leveraging positive reviews to win appointments and close sales is a good thing, but it is far from the ONLY thing!

Earlier this week the Los Angeles Times ran a story about Online Reviews that I’m afraid passed most marketers right by without notice. The reason? It had EVERYTHING to do with the importance of Online Reviews and NOTHING to do with marketing them!

For the third year in a row, Red Roof Inn has been awarded the highest customer satisfaction score among economy hotels in an analysis by MarketMetrix, a hotel market research company based in the Bay Area. They attribute their high score to a consistent effort to follow and respond to online reviews.

Why the “Cheap Plug?” Red Roof Inn received consistent feedback that outlets in the rooms were too far from the nightstand for travelers that rely heavily on their personal devices in the late evening and early morning. Their customers were making a consistent request; Red Roof heard them and responded.

"It's a simple thing, but it's extremely meaningful to the traveler,"
hotel chain President Andy Alexander said.

What are your customers asking of you? Are you closely monitoring your online reviews with the intent to improve your product and service offerings? What is the most often repeated complaint/opportunity for improvement from your customers? Most importantly, what steps are you taking to improve in that area?

Pay close attention to the patterns in your online reviews and take them to heart. A “Cheap Plug” may earn you a very valuable future endorsement!

Yago Wins DealerRefresh! :lol:

(Still laughing as I type this!)

Wait just a minute... Are you wearing a Purple Tie?

Not only the tie is purple but I also have angel wings (which somehow mysteriously appeared in the photo).

It is ridiculous that I had to use my influence for you to win an award so we could share the same room for a few minutes! I won't be at DD in Orlando (Nada in Orlando was plenty for me but I will be at Digital Battle plan and Driving sales and Digital Dealer in Vegas (hopefully also Autocon too). So ere it goes:

I will buy the first drink to any and all DR members that show up to a get together.

Terms and conditions: Must have an active membership that has their real name and that posted in the last month.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we might have to keep an eye on that offer.....

The cheap plug-in offer or the drink?

If it is the drink, you are more than welcome. Last time I meet you there was this company... Dealer Fire or something... buying the drinks, so let me thank them right now for that.

If what you are looking is for the cheap plug in, let me tell you that Ryan's horns are for real (no photoshop here).