• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A Great Alternative to Craigslist

Aug 26, 2013
First Name
John
First of all, thanks for a great forum. We just recently signed up and have found it to be a wealth of great information. Answered several questions for us as well.

Just wanted to pass along a little nugget to those of you out there who sell vehicles under $10K - which for us is a REALLY hot price range. We've had excellent luck with a Web Site called CashCarStore.com

Like Craigslist, it is totally free to post ads and you get 12 pictures you can upload for free. But UNLIKE Craigslist, you have a ton more options. You can choose how long you want an ad to run before it needs renewed. You have a place to look at how many times your ads have been viewed. You can add little animated Attention Getters to your ads. There's an internal messaging system that you can use to communicate with people who email you. There's specific categories for the price ranges of the vehicles. There's drop down menus for many of the common fields, And REALLY Unlike Craigslist, there's no ghosting and there's word processor that you can turn into an advanced HTML field if you want to use advanced tags. Heck, you can even post YouTube Videos on your ads. In some ways, to me, they're even better than the big guys because there's a ton more options.

We really like the less competition among vehicles as well. Since its lesser known than Craigslist, we're not fighting amongst those same car floods that post over and over on the same day and all the scammers that are out there.

I think they only cover Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas right now but they said they are expanding soon.

As much as everything cost these days, I just thought I'd pass along something good that you can use that's actually free.

Thanks again for the forum. This is my new favorite place to browse every day.