• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A new product idea for Car Dealerships

Aug 25, 2011
First Name
Scott
Looking through several sites I see a common issue pop up over and over again.

Dealers can not find a good way to make videos and find out how well they work. I have an idea that could fix this problem and I would like anyones input on it.

My solution involves a system that would let you as the dealer upload a video of a car into the program and then add in the details about the car. Aka Year, Model, Color, etc...

After this is done the program would add an opening and a closing that would include an 800 # with an extension that would let you track the calls coming into the dealership via the video. Also It would include a clickable link at the end of the video that would let prospective buyers fill out a form that would get sent directly to the dealership to convert the lead.

These videos would not only drive in business with cars for sale you, they could be left up on video hosting sites and drive in leads for years and years.

Please comment if this is something you like or if anything should be added that would help you validate this system. Also any comments about what you would pay for something like this either monthly or flat fee would be great!!!

Thanks

Scott

A couple hundred bucks can get me a slideshow video with Microsoft Sam talking in the background. A couple hours of my time, though, can get me a voice-recorded track to go onto slideshow videos. A couple hundred hours can get me live video walkaround and voice recorded track.