• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ActivEngage vs ContactAtOnce vs CarChat24?

At my dealership, we currently use ActivEngage. I like the reporting features in the application, I don't like the fact that the software is only available on Windows. I do not like the interface and they do not allow much modification on the interface either.

I am a big fan of Olark (https://www.olark.com), it's not made for car dealers but the interface is beautiful and it is not an annoying popup that keeps flashing on the site. Also when the customer changes the page the conversation and chat box still remains! I used Olark on a landing page in the past and it worked great. It even integrates with Google Analytics!

I cannot comment on the other applications since I have not used anything else. Ask Ryan Thompson about Carchat24, I am sure he will gladly help you.

- John

Great to hear from you John... YAY another Canadian. I'll leave this thread in the dealers hands. 3 great companies!

At Landers Memphis Auto Group we use Car Chat 24 solely. We've had very good luck with their service. In fact we have had zero complaints from customers and we get a ton of leads from them. They're a very reliable source of leads from our website which turn out to be the best quality that we get from any of the third party vendors. Our lead volume did not go down by them communicating with our website visitors. It just increased the leads on the number of people we had already visiting our site and got us a better ROI. They monitor 24 hours a day, seven days a week and actually have trained staff that is trained to answer thousands of questions. I've been pleasantly surprised with their service and would recommend anyone to Car Chat24. My staff simply responds to the leads and books the VIP appointments in our CRM tool. Service is reliable and consistent.
Chris Price

I started using Car Chat 24 about 3 years ago for all 3 Sutherlin Nissan locations. The results have been phenomenal! All three websites get really good traffic.

Orlando Nissan - 16,500 Uniques
Sutherlin Nissan Mall of Georgia - 22,000 Uniques
Sutherlin Nissan of Ft. Myers - 17,000 Uniques

Our conversion rates has been amazing!

Most importantly were the after hours chat leads. Car Chat 24 is open 24/7 365 days annually. Contact at Once did not operate under these guidelines/hours. After careful examination I realized that many of the chats that we receive are between the hours of 9pm and 1pm when our dealership is closed. This is true added value by Car Chat 24.

With Car Chat 24 it is not unusual to leave one of our dealerships Friday evening with 30 appointments on the books for Saturday and walk in the door Saturday morning to see the Car Chat 24 team has booked us an additional 10 overnight! Car Chat 24 always has our best interest in mind. They are true professionals.

Before using any chat service 3 and 1/2 years ago I was a true skeptic. I was especially nervous about a non dealership employee giving pertinent dealership information to our customers and website visitors. I can tell you that we have NEVER had an issue with Car Chat 24 giving wrong information. I feel VERY comfortable with the information that the staff at Car Chat 24 gives. It is very scripted and they do a great job in getting pertinent information from the client for my dealership staff to follow up. In the short 15 days or so I was with Contact at Once I had Two VERY BAD Experiences that cost my dealerships money. Contact at Once gave wrong information. They quoted incentives on two Nissan trucks and were off by $4000 each. We as a dealership had to honor the price. Each deal lost between $3000-$4000.

I can not speak highly enough about Car Chat 24. If any dealer has questions feel free to contact me direct.

Thanks,

Brett Sutherlin
Sutherlin Automotive

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would chip in my two cents on this...

I'm the ISM for two of the Calgary stores in our group .
After I looked at all three of these providers plus a few others, I chose CarChat24.

I've been with them now for six months and am just adding it to two more of my stores.
The new software looks great, the operators are excellent at getting solid information from prospects and the support was very good.

My favorite thing about it is that I don't have to do anything - it just works 24 hours a day generating leads.
So far, we have averaged about a 25% increase in overall leads by adding CarChat, with a strong closing ratio on those leads, so it more than pays for itself.

As an added bonus, it generates a great deal of service, parts and body shop inquiries as well and the customer feedback has been very positive.

I'd highly recommend it for the performance, value and ease of use.

Hope that helps,
Dwayne

I thought I would chip in my two cents on this...

I'm the ISM for two of the Calgary stores in our group .
After I looked at all three of these providers plus a few others, I chose CarChat24.

I've been with them now for six months and am just adding it to two more of my stores.
The new software looks great, the operators are excellent at getting solid information from prospects and the support was very good.

My favorite thing about it is that I don't have to do anything - it just works 24 hours a day generating leads.
So far, we have averaged about a 25% increase in overall leads by adding CarChat, with a strong closing ratio on those leads, so it more than pays for itself.

As an added bonus, it generates a great deal of service, parts and body shop inquiries as well and the customer feedback has been very positive.

I'd highly recommend it for the performance, value and ease of use.

Hope that helps,
Dwayne

Dwayne - Welcome to DealerRefresh! Great to see a fellow Canadian on here, especially one from Cow Town. Make sure to stick around the forums and not do a "dine and dash" (one post and never return).

ps. flames suck

After some trial and error with another service, we have recently started using Car Chat 24. We couldn't be happier with the ease of use, outstanding customer service and lead generation it has provided so far. Just my two cents, but Car Chat 24 is my recommendation.

Dwayne - Welcome to DealerRefresh! Great to see a fellow Canadian on here, especially one from Cow Town. Make sure to stick around the forums and not do a "dine and dash" (one post and never return).

ps. flames suck

Hi Ryan,
It's okay, I understand.
There are a lot of bitter Leafs fans out there.
I mean, 45 years without a cup will do that to you.
Dwayne

P.S. Not that it matters with nobody playing. Thankfully, I have my Seahawks. =)

Reactions: 2 people
1) Not to turn this into a disgruntled hockey fan rant ... Dwayne & Ryan - no Cup makes you hope deeper #gameon #LGB!

2) Ketty & Aaron -thank you for sharing in the interest of transparency. Just as customers tend to "trust" 3rd parties over dealers, I'm sure the intelligent members of DR will have a salt shaker in hand reading through the site.

3) Whomever you go with, please review their managed scrips to make sure they work with and fit your needs. If you are not having the chat managed, make sure your employees know the tool and strategy you want to take inside and out.