• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP CRM Email Delivery Issue

All of your outgoing email created in ADP CRM is sent with StrongMail support. StrongMail will help ensure your email campaigns are following industry best practices and responsible emailing guidelines. This ensures that you aren’t inadvertently sending too many emails at once –a warning sign to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that you could be a spammer. Our server slows down the flow of outgoing email just enough to avoid tripping the spam filters. The difference in time it takes for your email to be delivered will not be noticeable to you, but it will be to a computer or network/ISP. Additionally, your email is sent with a clean IP address. ADP CRM maintains a collection of IP addresses that are used to send your email. This helps with keeping IP addresses “clean”, so they are not considered suspect for spam.

Also, your account manager will be contacting you to follow up.

I opened a case with ADP 5 days ago and have not heard anything back regarding this issue. Although I appreciate your attempt at trying to convey the "best practices" that are followed, that still doesn't solve my issue as to why our emails aren't going through. I've seen little to no effort made on ADP's behalf in terms of trying to solve our problem -- all I see are explanations as to why they think they aren't at fault. The fact that these emails come from your server, though, points all fingers in your direction.

The case that I opened was regarding a reverse DNS issue. The IP address that was provided to me by ADP support for our Strongmail server does not have a reverse DNS. Doesn't this have an effect on mail delivery?

Also, the support rep told me this: "several dealerships use the same strongmail server"

Reactions: 1 person
Update: Heard back from ADP regarding a reverse DNS issue. The IP address for strongmail doesn't have a reverse DNS address. Here's the feedback (that took a week to get):

"I was informed again that it is not an issue if the address doesn't have a reverse DNS address. I was also informed that the reason it doesn't if that it is actually turned off for security purposes."

Everyone else that I talk to says this doesn't make too much sense. It's not entirely my area of expertise -- does anyone here have an opinion?

Reactions: 1 person
Update: Heard back from ADP regarding a reverse DNS issue. The IP address for strongmail doesn't have a reverse DNS address. Here's the feedback (that took a week to get):

"I was informed again that it is not an issue if the address doesn't have a reverse DNS address. I was also informed that the reason it doesn't if that it is actually turned off for security purposes."

Everyone else that I talk to says this doesn't make too much sense. It's not entirely my area of expertise -- does anyone here have an opinion?

Reverse DNS is critical for mail servers to be configured. Virtually all spam checking services would do that check.

For example, AOL states it many times in their guidelines:
AOL Postmaster | Postmaster / AOL SMTP Error Messages

Reverse DNS should absolutely be configured properly.

mxtoolbox.com is a good site for testing if a mail server is setup correctly.

There are several methods used for spam detection and DNS is one of them.

Here is one of the websites we use (free) to check if an email we are sending out will be considered spam. You would copy and paste your email write up into the box provided. ( this is only one of a number of services that does this on line).

Spam Analyse

this website will help identify for you what is considered spam and give you a percentage rating ( 100 % means email is not likley to be considered spam and should have success when sent).

cheers
john