• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any dealers CONSIDERING the vehicle WRAP business?

Having built a tool called "Delivery Tracker" where we worked with a dealer to track everything that happens between the time of purchase and the time of delivery, I would raise a few points if you intend to sell on new/used cars at point of sale:

- The partner you choose should understand delivery turnaround times can be short and be flexible about that
- The wrap should be shown during F&I process, ideally as a monthly payment
- Mobile service with wrapping can be tricky - every spec of dirt or moisture that gets under the vinyl is a problem now and a nightmare later

I would personally never wrap my car after the horrors I've seen when they get unwrapped, but I know customers love that they can have any color, design or color-shifting options even.
When I worked at a dealership collision center we'd have customers who had PPF and window tint installed prior to their accident. We'd have our sublet vendors come take a space up in one of our prep areas and get to work. Quality always was great and we had little issues.

We also got a 25%-30% discount and billed the insurance company the full amount.

When I worked as a service adviser we'd have customers that wanted windshield repair, wheel repair and window tint installed on their cars. We'd just add the work to their Repair Order and have one our guys come in to do the work. Easy upsell and source of extra profit.

However for point of sale and vehicle colored wraps, we have had no experience doing that before.

Delivery tracker sounds like a used car reconditioning tool, correct me if I'm wrong. I was interested in building one, but there are so many great options on the market right now.

Delivery tracker sounds like a used car reconditioning tool, correct me if I'm wrong. I was interested in building one, but there are so many great options on the market right now.
There are many recon tools in the market, so what this dealer was looking for specifically was tracking post-sale to delivery.
The difference is things like prep time (ie: you sell window tint, the system knows it has to be sent away and it takes X hours, but Leather Protection takes 24 hours, etc). The whole idea of the tool was trying to get deliveries back on schedule because delivery dates were constantly moving due to shop overlap, vendor availability, etc.

Reactions: Mustafa Mustafa