• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone heard of Local Splash?

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Has anyone heard of Local Spalsh or is working with them. They just called saying they can guarentee to have us on the Google map serp for any search in automotive within 100 miles of our dealership. But hit me with this hard sales pitch saying they couldn't send me any info, only told me it cost $199/mo and they were going to fill the position today.

Of course some kid made the call to me, then I got sent to the "closer" that hit me with the hard sales pitch to do it now or "you're going to miss a lot of traffic"!

anyone doing this? I really hate when I get these calls, especially when people act arrogant and ask me "have you heard of Google or what". I just want to say "I don't live in a F-ing hut in Africa do I"

Local splash leave you all wet?
Local Splash and Burn?
Local Sp-Lashing out!

So many good headlines lost ;)

Eley, you know you are supposed to give them a nice warm referral to your biggest competitor, right?

Good one Ryan, I should have gave him the number to a few I dont like, but no point in causing BS, I figure they will get the call without my help!

Anyone that claims BS like this is full of BS. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

A great SEO firm would EVER promote their services like this? Not one.

I would run away.

Jeff, totally agree, and exactly what I was thinking, this is too much BS to be anyone I want to deal with or probably a reputable company. I said to him several times, email me the info, lets talk about it, or I am not interested. Eventually I asked the guy once he got pushy if he was for real, he said yes and starting making all these claims about Inc500 and so on. And I said to him if your company is that recognized then why are you giving me this hard sell and not wanting to share info, your approach seams BS to me. He got pissed and I told him he needed to take a Dale Carnegie class on selling and to have a nice day!

I just thought I would ask and put this out there so if anyone gets a call from them everyone would know to stay clear of it.