• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone know of a good online payment calculator

I'm just curious if any of you guys are using an online payment calculator / credit app thats vin specific. I spoke to the guys at AutoUSA about their new calculator "Payment Pro" and I know DealerTrack has one. Are there any others you guys / girls are familiar with and recommend that would help convert visitors to leads? I've looked at the piece "Get pre approved in seconds" but that is only geared towards credit apps. I'm looking for something that will do both. Similar to this AutoUSA | AutoUSA PaymentPro

Hi Rick!

I thought I would reply personally.

We are the only one in the industry that instantly quotes prequalified payments to a shopper for a specific vehicle. This is done without requiring personal information (SSN or DOB) which results in more full-spectrum credit analyzed leads.

To get the maximum benefit from the DriveItNow service you have to work these leads differently. They are very unique in the industry and the generic automated reply most dealers use can create a disconnect with the consumer.

Dealers like the Wyler Group have been using the service for almost three years with excellent results. Kevin Frye who is here on the forum would be happy to answer any questions.

We are also the only ones with full mobile functionality and some of our dealers actually generate more leads from the mobile version of DriveItNow than the desktop version.

Last month we released our new patent-pending Shop-By-Payment service that actually flips the car buying service by showing consumers what vehicles in your inventory they qualify for based on their desired payment and actually credit.

As a dealer and finance company we actually use our own service to test and create technology that really works.

One of our stores wanted to try out "Drive It Now" and they have been using it for a little over a month. I have not noticed any substantial change in leads generated vs the Get e-Price button that was there. This isn't to say that you won't experience different results based on your market and demographics.

Hi Jason! Basil used the service for about a month and we generated a number (not disclosing actual numbers for confidentiality reasons) of credit analyzed leads. I think a longer test period may have produced better results.

Thats absolutley incorrect. Drive it now was live on our Drivespitzer.com site which was with Chroma Cars before we transitioned it to a splash page...

However we didnt recieve enough leads to see value in putting it on dealer.com. To be fair it was a lower trafficked site.

I am open to another run on a dealer.com platform keeping dealercentric live.

Thats absolutley incorrect. Drive it now was live on our Drivespitzer.com site which was with Chroma Cars before we transitioned it to a splash page...

However we didnt recieve enough leads to see value in putting it on dealer.com. To be fair it was a lower trafficked site.

I am open to another run on a dealer.com platform keeping dealercentric live.

I'm sorry, different definition of "live" :). We never activated the credit analyzed part and DriveItNow was only on the SRP, not the VDP and the payment button was at the bottom of the page. This is the reason you were never charged.

The credit is one of the most important and different parts about DriveItNow vs other payment calculator services.

We call it the three C's of Payment Marketing. CREDIT(customer's FULL credit bureau, CRITERIA (your financing programs), COLLATERAL (the vehicle).

Would love to have you try it on your Dealer.com website.

Tarry do you guys sell leads from Leasecompare.com?

We are working on adding actual dealer inventory to LeaseCompare.com to generate credit analyzed leads for our DriveItNow dealers outside of their own websites.

Our direct-to-consumer CarsByPayment.com website will launch later this year with the same idea by using our DriveItNow dealer's inventory and our Shop-By-Payment technology.

Hi Jason! Basil used the service for about a month and we generated a number (not disclosing actual numbers for confidentiality reasons) of credit analyzed leads. I think a longer test period may have produced better results.

Hi Tarry!

Great to see you as part of the conversation! We are still using the product, going on month 3 now I believe we went live mid April. You are correct, it did generate a good number of leads, but at the same time, other types of leads have decreased (Get e-Price, Confirm Availability, Schedule Test Drive etc.) . I took that into consideration when I made my statement.

Unfortunately I was not part of the sales presentation so I do not know what types of increases / quality are to be expected from the program.

Hi Tarry!

Great to see you as part of the conversation! We are still using the product, going on month 3 now I believe we went live mid April. You are correct, it did generate a good number of leads, but at the same time, other types of leads have decreased (Get e-Price, Confirm Availability, Schedule Test Drive etc.) . I took that into consideration when I made my statement.

Unfortunately I was not part of the sales presentation so I do not know what types of increases / quality are to be expected from the program.

We received the 30 day cancellation notice on May 28th.

Normally our dealers see an increase in lead volume of 20-40% and even more when they have the mobile functionality. Our dealers also report an average closing ratio of 20+% (some 60%) and higher front/back end profits.

It really will depend on how the leads are worked vs normal leads as DriveItNow leads provide much more information about the shopper (credit eligibility, payment qualification, facebook info) vs other lead drivers on your website.

I'm sorry it did not work out for you guys.