• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone Using Deal Activater, AutoAlert, etc.??

Auto Alert is the best tool I have ever seen. Increases volume and gross if the right person is working the system. Requies a phone person, not a car salesman. If anyone is looking for help putting there program together, lets talk. If your lookng to get your system running, I'm interested in providing short term consulting (3-6 months).

AutoAlert is a strong system BUT it relies on "People" to actually work the system. This is where it usually fails for most dealers. Of course it's not the product that fails, it's the dealership.

AutoAlert take a phone warrior!

Also - be sure your data is scrubbed and appended before doing the data dump into AutoAlert. You'll quickly frustrate your employees with all the bad phone numbers and addresses.

Going to give this thread a bump after DD13. My auto group really needs a tool (no, our CRM is not capable) to start digging into our own DB. Looking at Auto Alert and Deal Activator-anyone using them right now?

We use Auto Alert at my MB Dealership. We average between 4 - 10 sales a month from it.

Pros:
1) Sales (obviously)
2) Shows you the low hanging fruit that you otherwise might miss
3) Very easy to use
4) Helps your sales reps build out a pipeline of customers

Cons:
1) You need quick/versatile phone skills to identify the benefit to the client of a new car purchase at this time
2) It's not a part of the CRM
3) 3rd party BDC employed by Auto Alert will sometimes use the misleading quote that we have a customer interested in buying their car...I don't like misleading or "gray area" sales tactics

Going to give this thread a bump after DD13. My auto group really needs a tool (no, our CRM is not capable) to start digging into our own DB. Looking at Auto Alert and Deal Activator-anyone using them right now?

We have used Deal Activator for three years. It has been great for us when we execute the process. I think that any of these systems boil down to the person that you have running them. If you have a great person for the system, it is a no brainer. If you don't, you shouldn't sign up with any of them. Benchmark should be to sell 2% of your cp ro's out of service.

We use Auto Alert at my MB Dealership. We average between 4 - 10 sales a month from it.

Pros:
1) Sales (obviously)
2) Shows you the low hanging fruit that you otherwise might miss
3) Very easy to use
4) Helps your sales reps build out a pipeline of customers

Cons:
1) You need quick/versatile phone skills to identify the benefit to the client of a new car purchase at this time
2) It's not a part of the CRM
3) 3rd party BDC employed by Auto Alert will sometimes use the misleading quote that we have a customer interested in buying their car...I don't like misleading or "gray area" sales tactics

Thanks for the feedback, I am doing a demo with Auto Alert, Deal Activator, and Dealersocket. I'll be curious how the programs differ in how they operate and pricing.

Check out the GUI. AutoAlert is king if you base your decision on GUI. The more difficult the GUI, the less utilization. I've seen presentations from all. They all compare themselves to AutoAlert, so there must be a reason huh? More dealers use AA than any I've seen, and my dealers in particular love it. Rookie sales people to owners all use the software in my stores. They brag about increased number of deals and gross per car. For what that's worth?