• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using iHeart's XVin solution - looking for feedback

I have seen instances where certain "eye-candy" vehicles capture a lion's share of the clicks when dealers run a single AIA campaign for their entire catalog and are optimizing for content views or clicks, so it is certainly something to be cognizant of.

We run a variety of AIA campaigns - some for the entire catalog, others for segmented vehicle sets. This ensures we still have a level of control over where our AIA budget goes.

For new cars, we typically create sets for each model and then the body style category. For used cars, we will create sets for different price ranges, body styles, inventory age, CPO, etc. This strategy also allows us to tailor the ad copy and creative to each set's typical buyer persona, all while being able to direct the budget according to our objectives.

And it doesn't hurt to create catalog filters to exclude specific vehicle models (high ends sports cars) or vehicle years (classic cars) that don't need the traffic yet tend to receive a lot of it.
Ryan just gave away gold…in how to segment and optimize your AIA campaigns, to not rely on 3rd parties who promote questionable quality traffic to your website…I wonder how many missed this post.

You’d have to hire and fire quite a few social media companies or agencies before you found one who knew the above approach specifically for auto..

I saw some mention of Target not limiting clicks on SKU…that’s actually not valid at all.

A lot of those campaigns are optimized specifically towards ROAS and similar bidding models, and frequency caps are one of the most commonly implemented optimization methods in display, since WAY before Facebook catalogue ads were even a pipe dream for mark Zuckerberg.