• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using or used Dealer Activator, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

I love using DealActivator as my equity mining tool, it allows me to look up my customers that have leases coming due or financed vehicles that are ending their terms. The best part is it pulls vehicles that are in my inventory and gives me payments based on the month's incentives. I use Dealactivator everyday for my leased clients. It gives me all their information on their current vehicle(s) down to how many payments they have left and allows me to get them out early and into something new. I would highly recommend Dealactivator as it makes getting your current clientele into new vehicles without having to bother sales managers for numbers constantly.
I also use it heavily in our service department, as 70% of our service customers have purchased elsewhere but service with us, as we are a destination town. It helps me get an extra 6-8 deals per month in conquest alone. This tool will defintely increase your monthly sales, in my store alone they have increased to at least 12 cars a month which helps tremendously,The best part is it super easy to use!

We started using DealActivator about two months ago and it's, so far, my favorite equity mining tool. After using Xtream, AutoAlert, and Target Pro I find it to be the easiest to use, gives the best info, and just gives me everything I would want. However, if you're not using TargetPro, which could be handled all by Vin without much interaction except picking the "Targets" each month, what makes you think your dealership would use a more sophisticated tool which needs to be worked? TargetPro is a great tool for the less involved.

@Mitchell Brenner I looked into it closer and it appears we have the basic free Target not Target Pro. Apparently Target is no longer offered but if you have it they don't take it away. I know management is just looking at equity tools in general so trying to see what best works for us.

You mentioned the ease of use. We have some sale staff who aren't very tech savy and fully admit it. Did you find it easy for those users to adapt to the change with the additional training?

We started using DealActivator about two months ago and it's, so far, my favorite equity mining tool. After using Xtream, AutoAlert, and Target Pro I find it to be the easiest to use, gives the best info, and just gives me everything I would want. However, if you're not using TargetPro, which could be handled all by Vin without much interaction except picking the "Targets" each month, what makes you think your dealership would use a more sophisticated tool which needs to be worked? TargetPro is a great tool for the less involved.

We're on AutoAlert and it's... OK... but man it just feels really really dated in so many places. It feels like it was designed by separate teams, and duct taped together at the very end.

I've been kicking around a move to Deal Activator for too long. I probably need to just sign up. It surely demos better than what we're using now.