• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are $1495 Door Edge Guards the Path to Prosperity?

One of my coworkers just resurrected this article from 2001: Confessions of a Car Salesman - Edmunds.com and I gave it a re-read.

I could definitely see the first dealership this journalist worked at doing something like this. So my point, coincides with Ed's - all old school = no future school.

Just reading this, and Alex beats me to the punch.... BUT...

This article was written in 2001. Folks, that's 11 (ELEVEN) years ago. How long have we been saying that this type of BS is unsustainable for the "Long Term?"??

So I've been in this space 16 years... A pup compared to some... But all of us are waiting for the "end" of this while many are running to the bank.

Just an observation... Sobering reality. Sucks, no?

Just reading this, and Alex beats me to the punch.... BUT...

This article was written in 2001. Folks, that's 11 (ELEVEN) years ago. How long have we been saying that this type of BS is unsustainable for the "Long Term?"??

So I've been in this space 16 years... A pup compared to some... But all of us are waiting for the "end" of this while many are running to the bank.

Just an observation... Sobering reality. Sucks, no?

The honest guys just want a level playing field. Knowledge and work ethic trumps jick in the long run. My family is proud of what I do for a living.

After reading this thread again, I clicked on home and noticed that I had 499 posts on DealerRefresh. This is the 500th rambling. Of the 500, 25% of the time somebody "liked" it. That proves the quote I made earlier in this thread: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people".

Reactions: 1 person
After reading this thread again, I clicked on home and noticed that I had 499 posts on DealerRefresh. This is the 500th rambling. Of the 500, 25% of the time somebody "liked" it. That proves the quote I made earlier in this thread: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people".

AMEN! Congratulations!!

Now SHUT UP!!

ahahahahahahaaha!!!