• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Are you making your website for Television?

Anirban

Desk Monkey
Nov 12, 2010
First Name
Anirban
Are you making your website for audio, video media yet?If not its time for that.Because if you have brand which represents a brand product or services but you are not visible on search engine TV channels then your marketing strategy is incomplete.You should work on that.

All ready we all know that Google introduces the Google tv channel which is fully web browser supported on TV.Google it self is talking about you need make your website TV compatible and need to do optimization for TV.
“Because Google TV has a fully functioning web browser built in, users can easily visit your site from their TV,†says Google Developer Programs Tech Lead Maile Ohye. “Current sites should already work, but you may want to provide your users with an enhanced TV experience — what’s called the ’10-foot UI’ (user interface). They’ll be several feet away from the screen, not several inches away, and rather than a mouse on their desktop, they’ll have a remote with a keyboard and a pointing device.â€

Also we all aware about that fact Yahoo will introduce there TV channel very soon and all ready they announced it officially.So TV is direct communication system to your targeted audience or customers we should me more re-productive on digital media through our web presence.So let move on for TV optimization and build your website TV compatible.

The 10-foot interface--anyone who went through elementary and middle school in the late 90s should be eminently familiar. (Who remembers AVerKeys and those big Destination Stations that Gateway used to make? Our schools used the heck out of them.)

Seriously though, can anyone give some usage metrics on this? My PS3 will browse the internet, sure...but controller text input is always a pain, and nobody I know wants to keep a keyboard on their coffee table. I've already got a billion things on my get-in-front-of-the-GSM-and-or-owner list, and I can make a case for them. Sell me on why this should be number 1,000,000,001.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but Best Buy had those new Sony Internet TVs setup locally and their controller is pretty slick. The mouse is a little weird, but it was pretty nice being able to surf the web and watch TV picture in picture.

OK, as you were.