• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Atlanta - AKA Carvana's Oldest Market

Channel Chatter

Green Pea
Jul 28, 2021
First Name
Chris
I'd be interested to hear local observations from Atlanta area used dealers about Carvana's impact in the market given Atlanta was their first market and it's where they claim their highest market share.

Potentially interesting topics:
Have Carvana market share gains been slowing over time as dealers have moved to more digital models?
Have Carvana share gains come at the expense of older, less tech savvy dealers who have since closed?
Have you noticed an aging up of customers on your lot over time as younger, more tech savvy customers embrace a digital model?
Has the number of overall dealers in the market shrunk?
Do dealers have a deeper war chest to fight back with higher marketing budgets post 2021 profits? Is that even how a dealership fights back?
Is the small subset of customers that want an all digital transaction even worth fighting over?

I'm looking for a boots on the ground view of what's happening based on local dealer perception and anecdotes vs anything reliant on data.

All feedback welcome and Jeff K knows where to find me if people would rather chat offline.