• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AutoBreeze.com - anyone ever used them?

Marc McGurren

Hat Trick
Nov 30, 2009
First Name
Marc
I just got a call from Autobreeze.com wanting to show me their product. Basically they are lead provider that is an intermediary for the buyer. I was actually waiting for someone to come out with something like this.

Anyone ever heard of them or used them? Not sure how much business it will bring us but they are offering it for free through February.

Any input is appreciated.

GetImage

I just got a call from Autobreeze.com wanting to show me their product. Basically they are lead provider that is an intermediary for the buyer. I was actually waiting for someone to come out with something like this.

Anyone ever heard of them or used them? Not sure how much business it will bring us but they are offering it for free through February.

Any input is appreciated.

Hey Marc!

It looks like these guys aren't live yet, but plan on localizing to the DFW market. You do have other options as well. The best known is probably CarWoo. They have some big name investors including Comcast. In their model, the customer pays a fee to use the service

Another option is AutoPitch.com. They don't seem as well financed as CarWoo and differ in that the dealer pays them (they hold the deposit as their payment and it comes out of the deal).

All of these services are, in effect, reverse auctions where dealers are pitted against each other, bidding lower and lower to earn the customer's business.

Let us all know how it works for you!

Yeah - after some research I realized they are a startup. I am not sure if I want to join in the fun b/c all it does is ultimately come down to price wars and not sure if I want to get into that game.

On the other hand they are focusing on Dallas (which is not my direct market) and I might be able to pick up a couple of extra car sales I wouldn't have normally sold.

I am chewing on it. I haven't drank the Kool-Aid. Not a fan of price wars.

I will let everyone know what I end up doing and how it works.