• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AutoCon, Digital Dealer, Socket Summit, oh my!

anthonycapital

Hanging Paper
Apr 24, 2013
First Name
Anthony
Good afternoon everyone!

I am very interested in attending one or two conferences to expand my knowledge!

There appears to be an excellent selection of conferences available, all around the next month or two.

AutoCon 2013 - 2013 AutoConnections Conference & Expo -
15th Digital Dealer Conference & Exposition – Las Vegas – October 2013
User Summit 2013 - DealerSocket
+ missing any?

May I please get some thoughts and feedback from folks as to which of these you would recommend going to?

Cheers, Anthony

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Anthony,
Have you ever attended an automotive conference, what position do you hold and how long have you been in automotive? I've found each event has it's strong points and depending on where you are, what you think you already know and what you would like to achieve will dictate which one(s) you should attend.
[/FONT]

Kelly,

Not really! I have been to a internet platform meeting in the states, however, the context was more mutual learning.
Internet Manager. Not long!

From asking the person who previously held my position, the recomendation was that Digital Dealer would be worth going,
however I should make sure to take the "Expert" level classes, as we already implement or at least try to, the majority of the fundemntals/advanced ones.

I hear AutoCon should have some good up'er level classes, and that's what DSES is about. However, for a first event AutoCon or DD might be a better bet. Even if your dealer tries to implement more basic processes, there is much to be said about learning and building a foundation. Even with some advanced skills, getting down to the root and reminding yourself of what needs to be done and done well can be useful.
There are a number of conferences, elite groups and events throughout the year. I wish you the best with the one(s) you attend! Don't forget to report back to us which you attend and your thoughts/takeaways on them!

Consider conferences that are outside the automotive space as well. If SEO, Social Media, Email Campaigning, Analytics, Content Marketing ect. are topics you or members of your team are interested in there are several great conferences to choose from. Check out Pubcon, SMX Advanced, Search Engine Strategies and New Media Expo. I have attended Pubcon several times and will be headed there again in October.

Also, depending on where you live some cities have great local organizations to participate in. For example Dallas has a really good group called DFW Search Engine Marketing Association. Maybe you could find some opportunities close to where you are.

Reactions: 1 person