• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automated photography thoughts

sharpcars

Full Sticker
Jan 25, 2012
First Name
Chad
Seems to be a lack of interest in this area.

We have been trying to pitch our automated photography system in Autosuccess Magazine as well as directly to local dealers and have found the response lacking.

As it is now, we go over minimum space, and ideal space, cost of studio, turntable, cameras, etc.

We also go over cost our end for managing the photos/ videos/ panoramas.

If you were being pitched the idea what key factors would you be interesting in?

If think you're marketing what I think you're marketing it's been done and done successfully. I know because I've done it, I could offer tips if you tell me your approach? Website? Your failed attempts could be related to the area you're targeting............,

Last edited:
Our system is designed so that a dealership can have a studio built in house, we'd provide everything from building the walls to building the computer.

We designed software that anyone literate can run, requiring only that the user inputs the stock and vin then follows the simple instructions. Cut down time a vehicles is in the booth to roughly 10 minutes the first time used and cuts time down as the user gets comfortable, we can average under 7 minutes in our own studio.

Once the program is ran, photos/ interior panorama/ video is all shipped to use automatically where we take charge of getting the media loaded.

Our target is dealers and auctions, for quick processing.

Our website is still under construction (as I said developing) were on the tail end of setting everything up, but it is the lack of interest we have gotten on the entire process.

It literally spells out everything and there is a monkey pointing to flashing buttons to make sure its not missed, if even that is managed, the system will not continue without the steps followed in order 1.2.3

We have run across all sorts so simple was the key factor to the program.

LOL, sorry just pulling your leg. However we usually understimate what it takes to manage technology systems and the human ability to just f@#$% things up.

I remember years ago at NADA a company that offered some king of key track system with a DMS integrated and an automated photo both. Perhaps the technology available wasn't as advanced as it is nowadays. Definitely interesting to see your product fully developed.

It has been incredible, there was a great deal of friction from our programmer about putting a monkey on his work of art, but after seeing so many people "dear in the headlights" at it, he broke and put it in.

The next challenge is getting the technology out there, I think well start by getting most dealers off dial up.

Other than what you mentioned I would want to know the process of your company managing the photos and getting to my feed provider and would it cause the photos any further delay data feed wise? In other words, the system takes the photos, uploads to your backend and then you feed my provider, the next day my provider processes and sends to ATC, and finally the following day it is processed and displayed on ATC.

We all know every day a vehicle goes without a photo is money out the door. Although less sexy than a panorama and auto-pics, that would be a very important piece I would want to know up front.

Jeremy, I do find this interesting. I will look into this, I will send you a message with direct contact information.

Jamie, it is set up right now where we can have it loaded to a website in under 5 minutes of completion, we are working on automating a step that keeps up from having it done in seconds. If your feed provider is willing to set up an ftp account with us, we can have it to them within minutes of the studio technician finishing. So my answer would be, live at the next push to the sites by your provider.

Last edited: