• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Portals and Inventory Syndication

clasione

3rd Base Coach
Apr 14, 2021
Awards
First Name
John
Anyone remember VAST.com? They used to accept inventory feeds from automotive portals....
Portals could purchase leads from them. I believe Cars.com used to feed out to them.
I also remember CarGurus and Web2Carz and some various classified sites accepted inventory feeds.

Anyone know any sites that accept inventory feeds?
Not sure if there are any out there anymore. I need to start looking / searching.
Figured I would start by asking round these parts....

I do remember Vast.com.

Vast evolved into a suite of product under Carstory.ai which included
Carstory Appraise
Carstroy Promote
Carstory Track

It was solid service and had the potential to be more, UNTIL Vroom acquired it.

We've seen a lot of vehicle listing sites come and go over the years. I would get with whatever service you are using for your inventory management and feeds to see if they offer some free listing site they can feed to. If you're using Homenet, I know they have several "generic" sites you can sign-up for, for free.

Thanks Jeff.... I'm building my own vehicle listing service and am looking for sites to syndicate inventory to. Back in the day; actually just four years ago, I sold off a system I created that used to syndicate out to various partner sites, Vast was one of them. Back when I initially developed it, believe it or not, one of the sites we syndicated to was Backpage Classifieds, now also long gone, so I am looking for more players. I also used to syndicate to CarGurus, but will probably avoid them this time around as their sales team were super-aggressive when dealers 30 days trials were over..... Both Vast and Backpage were really easy to work with. Vast I paid for lead-action while Backpage was free and actually did generate some call volume. CarGurus was all based on the trial and upsell potential for dealers they had not reached yet. I'm sure its off the table by now anyway. If you see or hear of anything good out here send me a PM or post...