• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autotrader to add Dealership Reviews

Eric,

Great point! We need transparency for each inividual review in some type of backend of trader, what happens if we get a malicious review/reviews on google or yelp. Its not like we have much of a chance to dispute these reviews with google or yelp.

If they are going to "blend" reviews. Dealers won't have the ability to remove them no matter what ..

Become a Premium Listing Dealer and gain the ability to "manage" your AutoTrader reviews!

Wouldn't surprise me lol. I see a tremendous amount being gained by shoppers under certain conditions. But dealer reviews aren't the same review as the new Italian restaurant down the street or high speed go-kart experience you bought on Groupon. People will give you the low-down fairly accurately in those scenarios, but dealer reviews are so all over the map you don't know what review to trust. I like the idea of the additional review link, but I hope AutoTrader doesn't factor this into search. People are shopping for vehicles not dealerships!

Any insight on where the reviews will be pulling from?

This is the big question. Lets think about this... Who are top players in dealer reviews??

Maybe Yelp?? I think not.
How about an alliance with Cars.com? Hahaha - no way
Google? No way, they wouldn't permit it. Plus lets be honest, they don't have a lot of reviews...

Has anyone done a survey on sold customers to see if online reviews actually have any influence on the customers buying decision? I have seen a lot of Autotrader sourcing studies and the majority source 85%+ under the following 4 reasons

1.) Price / Deal
2.) Past Customer
3.) Referral
4.) Prior Experience (Service)

Although "Online Internet Reviews" is not a choice "Reputation of the Dealership" is, which I can only conclude would include internet along with personal perceptions, and what friends are saying etc.. Which usually ranges in the 1-5% range. This new feature doesn't get my attention.

Reactions: 1 person
Jeff, you said it: Who are the top players?

How many more places do we need for reviews? Is craigslist, Carfax and every other dealer partner (vendor) going to jump on reviews...?

Think about it, we currently need reviews on Google, Yelp, FB, DealerRater, citySearch, Angie's list, I love X dealer .com, Presto, OEM, Edmunds, Cars, now AT...

"We are 5 starts on Cars"... or "We are 4.5 stars on AT " ... is any of this of true value to a consumer or dealer? After the sale or SERVICE we have to send the customer to Cars and AT to post a review... really? We are creating few monsters ...

How about our CRM system? We already have the ability to collect customer feed back using email surveys, the problem is they are not integrated anywhere... soon if not already, companies like DDC and VIN CRM might integrate this with your website ... are the other partners going to recognize and integrate this reviews?

Stefan dont give carfax or craigslist any ideas :banghead:!!!!!!

Any one else notice that cars.com reviews dont rank high in google searches??? Props to Ryan and his team for the mad seo.

Jeff, you said it: Who are the top players?

How many more places do we need for reviews? Is craigslist, Carfax and every other dealer partner (vendor) going to jump on reviews...?

Think about it, we currently need reviews on Google, Yelp, FB, DealerRater, citySearch, Angie's list, I love X dealer .com, Presto, OEM, Edmunds, Cars, now AT...

"We are 5 starts on Cars"... or "We are 4.5 stars on AT " ... is any of this of true value to a consumer or dealer? After the sale or SERVICE we have to send the customer to Cars and AT to post a review... really? We are creating few monsters ...

How about our CRM system? We already have the ability to collect customer feed back using email surveys, the problem is they are not integrated anywhere... soon if not already, companies like DDC and VIN CRM might integrate this with your website ... are the other partners going to recognize and integrate this reviews?

Reactions: 1 person