• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AvtivEngage VS CarChat24?

Hi Paul,
Congrats on taking the first steps towards chat. There are a few good companies out there. I went through a long process when selecting my chat provider. I have to say that using advance search on these forums guided me quite a bit.

I am using ActivEngage hosted chat. We have been on chat for month or so and it is selling me cars. My biggest issue with chat is getting more visitors to my website to engage in chat! Seriously AE has out performed my expectations. It has done so well that I am l am looking to add the hooklogic tool too.

I don't want to "sell" the product online but would be happy to discuss with you offline.

Paul, did you find what you were looking for on the other thread or do you have any other questions?

As you may have read, I use CarChat24 and I love it-the whole thing works great for me - whether if I take the chat or I'm away from my computer and have their staff field the lead.

As a Chrysler dealer I know the PAP pains - but finding the company that best fits the way your dealership works and can best integrate with your structure is key. There are plenty of places for PAP money, and if the threads this have shown anything - Looking into vendors instead of taking an OEM's word is a must.

Looking at chat providers and I am down to ActivEngage and CarChat24 for managed chat. Chrysler just approved ActivEngage for PAP Co-Op money..

What would you recommend?

Paul, since you are looking at two of my competitors I feel I can give an educated un biased opinion. Maybe you value maybe you don't.....

When looking at fully managed the software isn't as important because you won't be using it. However the way they answer and the hours available are the two key factors between these two companies.

In order for chat to work it has to be "online". Knowing traffic is going to your website 24/7 and on the weekends I would give carchat24 the advantage there. If you go with activengage make sure you pay a little extra and get the saturday answering. Its worth it! The major gap will be Saturday afternoons and Sundays. I believe AE only works half a day on Saturday.

Answering: This is a toss up. Knowing carchat24 is 24/7 I can tell you that you will probably get more chats with them. However the quality is important. I do not believe carchat24 has their own BDC and this causes a bit of a lack of control resulting in random problems (nothing major). This will cause your cost to be less resulting in you spending less. AE on the other hand preaches how good their answering is and it is in house partially. I guess I would give the slight edge to AE but I have tested both many times and both have performed both excellently and horribly. It depends on the agent that answers.

My choice would be: CarChat24 because they will deliver more chats and the answering will probably be slightly less quality but not enough to notice. I also believe AE charges extra if you increase your unique visitor count but I believe its a large amount so take that into consideration when doing a large campaign. Maybe you can get someone to chime in from ae on this.

Good luck on your adventure and make sure who ever you sign up with is month to month so if it isn't to your liking you can stop it and try the other.