• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com & Facebook Product

I just can't imagine Facebook becoming a major factor in lead generation for higher end units. Just simple factors like: The informality of Facebook, the lack of effort dealers put into those listings (looks like a salesman just pulls around the corner and snaps a few pics, then uploads them with no description), as well as the fact that the Facebook marketplace still isn't an efficient tool for car "selling" ....yet. That being said, someone call me when they create a tool for BUYING cars from Facebook. Given the fact that KBB is generally much lower than Book or MMR, the Facebook marketplace has been a great place to find cars that don't normally cross the auction block (XLR's, Vipers, CTSV's with LOWW miles, and even Lotuses).

All that being said those buys take FOREVER, and it's more of a numbers game due to the emotions you come across when dealing with a private seller. Easiest deals are when the seller's already gone to Carmax for an appraisal, I ask to see the offer CarMax made then hit them for 500-750 more.

So again, where's that buyer's tool at!!!??

@Dave Lemmon is spot on with #2. For any of these add-on products, from any vendor, ask to see the ROI reporting before signing up. You need a report that will show you the incremental benefit from the incremental charge. Don’t settle for rolled up reporting. Unfortunately, many new products launched before reporting is built, and dealers aren’t always asking, inspecting.

@Dave Lemmon is spot on with #2. For any of these add-on products, from any vendor, ask to see the ROI reporting before signing up. You need a report that will show you the incremental benefit from the incremental charge. Don’t settle for rolled up reporting. Unfortunately, many new products launched before reporting is built, and dealers aren’t always asking, inspecting.
Dave is usually right about everything to do with this stuff and you're right George ask for the ROI or ROAS. Dealers in the dark will be left by vendors in the dark.