1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars.com Requesting Facebook Page Admin Access

Discussion in 'Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Social, Marketing' started by DrewAment, Jan 31, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. DrewAment

DrewAment
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Drew
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Press1toTalk
    Twitter Handle:
    DrewAment
    Is anyone else having problems with Cars.com requesting Facebook Page Access to your dealerships page? I get several a week, which are all declined. And, now I have dealers telling me the same thing.... one dealer has declined access 7 times, and they are not even a Cars.com dealer! I haven't kept track of mine, but probably on the same par. Seems like they just randomly request access to any/all dealership pages.

Is anyone from Facebook or Cars.com on this forum. Facebook to make them aware, Cars.com to tell them the practice is unacceptable! Contacts?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Sam Clark

Sam Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Sam
    Twitter Handle:
    Mcclark71
    I see these pop up all the time being a business manager for many stores - always assumed they were to post your inventory but sounds like it could be something else.

4. GrantG

GrantG
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Grant
    Twitter Handle:
    grantgoering
    I can try and chime in here and add some context. In a nutshell, CARS is requesting permission to post your inventory to Facebook Marketplace on behalf of your dealership. From there, a consumer finds the car and can click-to-call or chat. When they chat, Dealer Inspire's AnaBot starts the conversation before transferring over to a live person. The goal of these chats is to schedule an appointment and/or collect email and phone numbers to pass along to dealer CRM. AnaBot is always on, 24/7, even when the dealership is closed. This feature is free to use but requires the opt in to get started.

Video Explanation - 'https://players.brightcove.net/39893530001/HyWF1O3yK_default/index.html?videoId=5817560498001

ssd.PNG ssd2.PNG

5. DrewAment

DrewAment
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Drew
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Press1toTalk
    Twitter Handle:
    DrewAment
    The problem is that I did NOT request them to post inventory on my behalf, why are they requesting access to my page? Do they even check to see if I am already posting inventory FB_Marketplace? And, even after I decline request, they CONTINUE to request access... multiple times... even if I am not a Cars.com dealer. It is like they are going around just requesting access to pages!!???!!

Have you seen these "bot based" chats?? Bad customer experience, and the customer thinks it is the dealer causing the pain-point.

upload_2019-2-2_6-8-41.png

upload_2019-2-2_6-9-7.png

This is a great one -- the customer is chatting on Facebook, where they are using their NAMED profile to chat - and it asks for name??

upload_2019-2-2_6-10-32.png

LOL -- name??

upload_2019-2-2_6-15-46.png

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Funny, goes to show you how much they care and their lack of granular attention to detail / account management. Mistakes happen, but stuff like this, it's silly and it looks like it's happening to multiple dealerships.

Maybe they should put their money where their mouth is? You know, being asked to be more innovative by their board, investors.

Unless you signed something and didn't see the fine print and this was part of the deal. Dunno...?

#5 Alexander Lau, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  7. GrantG

GrantG
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Grant
    Twitter Handle:
    grantgoering
    Drew, I am happy to look into this for you. Can you DM me the details of the stores that have been requested so that I can forward it to the appropriate team?

8. Jason@nabthat

[email protected]
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Jason
    Dealer or Company Name:
    nabthat inc.
    Same issue here...our dealers are getting unsolicited requests (without consent) to have admin access to their Facebook Page by Cars.com and even after refusing the requests continue.

#7 [email protected], Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sam Clark

Sam Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Sam
    Twitter Handle:
    Mcclark71