• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

cost for leads?

Dave, hope you are well.
I have an offering that cost $37 per qualified lead.
Name, email, phone and VIN of interest.
Hope that helps.
Tony G
Tony, thanks for sharing! Thats a pretty low cost lead from what I've seen from dealerships that have shared with me. Are these web leads, farmed from 3rd party aggregate sites or what?

We serve ads on many different platforms but our predictive modeling tool tells us where to serve based on make/model and geo. We publishes ads and determine platform based on usage and searches within a given market. $37 is not an average, it is guaranteed. Our average per unit retailed in terms of advertising cost is about $212.
Hope that helps.

We serve ads on many different platforms but our predictive modeling tool tells us where to serve based on make/model and geo. We publishes ads and determine platform based on usage and searches within a given market. $37 is not an average, it is guaranteed. Our average per unit retailed in terms of advertising cost is about $212.
Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.
Super helpful, thanks! What is the conversion rate on those type of lead?

Super helpful, thanks! What is the conversion rate on those type of lead?
Good question.
Keep in mind that solution is Leads + Dealership VDPs.
Let's say the cpc for a dealership VDP is worth $1.50.
Package A is $2,000 budget
250 VDPs x $1.50 = $375 worth of value.
$2000 - $375 = $1,625 remaining budget
$1,625 / 53 VIN-specific leads = $30 CPL
We hear between a 7 - 10% closing ratio these days on leads
We hear 1% closing ratio on dealership VDPs.

Good question.
Keep in mind that solution is Leads + Dealership VDPs.
Let's say the cpc for a dealership VDP is worth $1.50.
Package A is $2,000 budget
250 VDPs x $1.50 = $375 worth of value.
$2000 - $375 = $1,625 remaining budget
$1,625 / 53 VIN-specific leads = $30 CPL
We hear between a 7 - 10% closing ratio these days on leads
We hear 1% closing ratio on dealership VDPs.
CPL of $30 (ish) with a 7-10% close ratio. Must be a generic call-to-action/lead-gen on those leads with that close rate. ?

We're providing vin specific leads that end up costing around $5-$12 per lead at the end of the month. I say "at the end of the month" because its a flat rate service fee, regardless of leads (so $flat rate / leads = CPL). Hmmmm...

CPL of $30 (ish) with a 7-10% close ratio. Must be a generic call-to-action/lead-gen on those leads with that close rate. ?

We're providing vin specific leads that end up costing around $5-$12 per lead at the end of the month. I say "at the end of the month" because its a flat rate service fee, regardless of leads (so $flat rate / leads = CPL). Hmmmm...
That makes sense. I was just providing an example for a product that has a guaranteed number and cost per lead. Usually the metric we use for all other products, VLA, Social, SEM, OTT, Display, etc. is advertising cost per unit retailed. Our overall average is right around $247.