• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Customer Reviews

Hello Julie

What we have done recently with our Dealerrater account is to set up a new "short" domain name that changes up to our Dealerrater webpage.

For example you could perhaps use something like www.pnreviews.com (i.e. Palmetto Nissan reviews) and have the URL change up to go to your specific Dealerrater webpage. ( Of interest, the redirect of a URL is known as a 301 permanent redirect and in our case we set up the shortened domain name we use with Godaddy and they offer free re-directs). This way the customer can enter an easy to remember SHORT domain name to place their review on your Dealerrater page (and you brand your dealership name).

I had our local print shop create a perma-stamp with our new “reviews” domain name and stamped every one of our Dealerrater cards.

Your perma-stamp might look like this ( 2 lines).

www.pnreviews.com
Palmetto Nissan reviews

I explained the reasoning and the process to each sales person and showed them the ease that a customer now has in being able to type in the short URL on-line to place a review.
Happily, I now see most of our sales people handing out the Dealerrater cards and pointing out to the customer how easy it is to find our REVIEWS webpage. There has been a definite uptick in reviews being submitted (more have been placed in the last 4 weeks then in last 6 months).

Just a thought: Each sales person or any dealer personnel could even create a short domain name utilizing their own name which changes up specifically to their own Dealerrater review webpage. For example: www.johnsmith.com or www.johnsmithreviews.com. This way they brand their own name and make it easy for customers to place a review.

The bottom line is making it really easy for the customer to place a review by removing their need to enter a long(er) URL or to have to search the Dealerraters website to find your specific dealership review page.

Hope this is of value to you

John

Excellent idea John. I may give that a shot.

Great to talk to you Julie!

Here are two more quick ideas for you:

Imagine this on the back of your DealerRater cards. Your customer's can tap a review from their mobile device:
qrcode leave a review.png

Imagine this on the back of your sales team's business cards. Help your team understand that the better they utilize their individual reviews, the easier getting a new review becomes. It is a cycle of success! This customer's great review is my next great sales opportunity!
qrcode.9653857.png
(I love this idea. Especially for a be-back.)

Good Luck and PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you,

Ryan

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you so much Ryan...it was great talking to you and hearing your ideas and suggestions. I am definitely going to start getting this in place and see how November comes out!! Thanks again...I need all the help I can get!! lol
Julie