• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Customer Wait Area TV Options

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Looking for info on who you are using for your customer wait area TV options. As well as if you are using TV program for a menu board in service write up area.

Is anyone using the following and what are your pro's and con's:

AutoNet TV
ABN
Advanced Media Network

Here is what we are doing;
Currently we are using ABN. This is a GM Co-Op program. Cost $1,190/month for 1 tv. We want to have 2 additional service menu TV's in our service write up, ABN cost goes to $1,780, again it is co-op. Yet I think I could find a better ROI on $21,360 a year other than TV programming with our Co-Op.

What are you using?

Thanks,

Eley

Eley, we are using TVPOS for our service areas. It works great and we've had a great response back from our customers. It's very customizable. On the monitors in the service drive, I built a Power point slide show that rotates service and sales coupons / discounts plus it displays the customers name if their car is ready. I also incorporated some quick videos too. In the Service waiting area, we display the regular tv program and once it goes into commercial, it plays our videos. We created employee testimonials, our own commercials and I grabbed a few youtube videos from Toyota's channel that talks about servicing your Toyota. Also on the same TV, it rotates through service and sales coupons in the lower right hand corner plus in the upper right hand corner it displays the customers name if their vehicle is ready. In the children's area, it does the same except we are playing the Disney channel in that room. In the customer business area, we have a TV in there but there's no sound. It displays the power point and the customer name if your vehicle is ready. We've been pretty happy with TVPOS. If your interested, just shoot Dennis an email. He's the owner. [email protected]. They are pretty flexible with their product. Hope this helps.

I believe 3 Birds Marketing recently got into TVs and they had some interesting stuff to show for it.
I've also been talking with ViewPoint Kiosks (ICS) and their interactive kiosks are far more affordable than I expected - now the trick is to integrate the right software into them to turn them into a money making machine...

I can't confirm it, but I know our waiting area has a lot of CBS clips so I'm 99% sure it's ABN.

My FIRST Robotics Competition team uses Screenly for its pit sponsor display, which is based on the Raspberry Pi platform (read: I throw a new SD card in my RasPi when we go compete). It would totally work for a menu application straight out of the box; something like a status board would take a little more thought and planning.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Wow, this thread goes back a ways.

We went with AutoNet TV and have been very happy. We have Lobby TV in our wait area with great content that has gotten lots of compliments and very informative with our own content. We also have 2 menu boards in our service write up area that truly do help sell service. And include service informational screens, weather, service contact sales, etc.

Best part is they are very reasonable, I believe we pay $120mo for all three!