• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dataium users?

Don't let me down now DR community... We need answers!!

Kyle, is there something particular you want to know about Dataium?

Ive had the code on my sites for over a year now and I've worked in the dashboard on a weekly basis for awhile.

Lets me ask it this way; what are you hoping to achieve with the data you hope to get from Dataium?

Jeff, I'm trying to determine if there is any other dealers in the community using dataium for tracking on their dealer websites. I'm curious if anyone has had success using their tools, what type of tracking you are able to do, and if it's a worthwhile investment. I'm currently using a "custom" version of the vkc tool and I'm not having much success. Just want to get the most out of what they have to offer and I'm also looking for some 2nd opinions or 3rds or 4ths on some strategys... The generalness of the question was used with the assumption there would be more feedback. I'm just trying to start a conversation. Due to the lack of interest I suppose a more directed post would be neccessary. I'm not really good at starting threads, more of a lurker...

Kyle, you did a fine job with your post.

The thing is - there are not a lot of dealer using Dataium for their analytics. I would venture to say most dealer that have the code on their websites (OEM / Agency mandated) are not even aware of it.

I too had been using the VKC tool with little success. Not always sure if what I'm looking at is accurate.

Not sure if you had seen this announcement - looks as if they are doing away with VKC tool and bringing it all together in a web based dashboard.

Dataium Launches New Online
Shopper Behavior and Analysis Platform

Nashville, TN —03/31/2012— Dataium, the largest aggregator of online automotive shopper behavior today announced the significant upgrade of its business intelligence and data reporting application VisiCogn® INSITE. The award-winning desktop application, first launched in 2010, has been re-designed and incorporated into the VisiCogn® Knowledge Center platform and will be available starting April 2, 2012.

As a direct result of customer feedback, the re-designed INSITE improves overall performance and usability for auto dealers. The most notable changes include an extended data timeframe in the standard edition, and the ability to access the dashboard via any Internet-enabled mobile device.

In addition, INSITE has been enhanced to feature exciting new reporting modules for individual dealers and dealer groups that provide:

• [*=left] Standard website performance metrics benchmarked against local market and national performance indicators
    [*=left] Car buyer preferences on inventory and product selections
    [*=left] Enhanced auto shopper profiles aggregated from auto shopping activity across Dataium's network of automotive websites including dealership, manufacturer and automotive portals
    [*=left] In-depth SEO and SEM analysis showing not only the keywords that drive the most traffic, but those that drive the highest conversions
    [*=left] Lead attribution modeling
“Our goal has always been to create tools and solutions that revolutionize and improve the way dealers do business,” stated Jason Ezell, Co-founder and President of Dataium. He added, “we strive to provide dealers with better metrics to improve the decision making process which will produce better results and the enhanced VisiCogn® INSITE does exactly that."

More information about VisiCogn® INSITE is available at www.visicogn.com/insite or by calling 877-896-DATA (3282).

The issue with many tools such as this is getting actionable data that's easy to read and make decisions around.

Once you have the data, what can you do with it to help drive more traffic (website and floor) and sell more cars?

According to the press release above, maybe Dataium is going to make it easier to see this data..

• [*=left] Standard website performance metrics benchmarked against local market and national performance indicators
    [*=left] Car buyer preferences on inventory and product selections
    [*=left] Enhanced auto shopper profiles aggregated from auto shopping activity across Dataium's network of automotive websites including dealership, manufacturer and automotive portals
    [*=left] In-depth SEO and SEM analysis showing not only the keywords that drive the most traffic, but those that drive the highest conversions
    [*=left] Lead attribution modeling

HookLogic will be hosting this Webinar with Dataium. The Dataium crew are big fans of HookLogic. Why? – because as enlightening it is to have great data, you need an executable.
Side Note: This webinar will include how HookLogic Automotive is using Dataium in their Lead to Show feature.
Dataium’s Cloud Intelligence® (CI) Platform, which HookLogic now leverages to make automated real-time decisions, aggregates billions of behavioral events and consumer activity allowing dealerships across the US to work with executables like HookLogic’s AutoHook to provide timely personalized offers and incentives to people shopping for a vehicle.

To explain how, Sean Murphy from Dataium will discuss the following topics on Friday August 17 at 11:30 AM EDT.

In this webinar, Sean will also explore…

• Knowing the Future – Today’s shopper behavior predicts tomorrow’s shopping trends.
  • Knowing Your Customer – Dataium sees the entire online buying process, from keyword usage, inventory searches, lead submission, and everything in between.
  • Knowing Your Website’s Performance – Unlike most other web analytics providers, Dataium enhances website statistics with comparative industry, brand, and market benchmarks.
  • Automated Data-based Decisions – With HookLogic’s Lead2Showprogram you can automatically incent shoppers the minute they show new signs of wanting to buy a vehicle.

Jason, thanks, I will attend the webinar. kcar, From what I have seen, Dataium's claim to fame is that they are able to track activity on so many different automotive websites, making them able to alert you when an old lead goes back "in market" on a competitors site or cars.com, etc... I am unaware of another company that is able to do that. Seems like a fantastic idea...