• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerCarSearch.com

Sep 29, 2011
First Name
Beth
Anyone have recent experience with DealerCarSearch.com for a dealer website? We have three franchise sites but need a new Group portal site. Looking at Dealer.com (we have two DDC sites already) but DealerCarSearch.com just contacted us and wanted a chance. I see positive reviews online and great stuff about customer support. Just wondering how it would compare to a DDC site??

Most of these smaller vendors work with the independent side of the industry vs franchise. Smaller services usually lack in the resources needed and you find yourself quickly outgrowing them. I'm not speaking for all the smaller vendors, but most.

Plus you never know when the OEM decides to step in an mandate "preferred or certified" website vendor(s). The smaller players are not on on the list. You end up starting all over or you move forward with 2 websites to manage.

I'm personally dead against anything templated - it just seems like an easy out on all fronts.
If you're getting a template, you should be paying far less setup and ongoing costs in my opinion.

That's just my belief though, some people love having all the dealer sites similar so every consumer knows how to use your site as soon as they land there.