• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealers Not Answering The Phone

So, recently I have been bumping into A LOT of dealers not answering during peak hours. As a matter of fact I have called two dealers main numbers today and both went to voice mail long after I would have hung up if I wasn't selling something.

Is your dealership not answering the phone? I always tell GM's when I come across great receptionist. They are rare.

Ryan, It's funny that you mention this. I had to call the dealership that I used to work for as a BDC Manager the other day as I had purchased a car from them and needed some information. I called at 10AM and got a receptionist who forwarded me to sales. Sales then forwarded me to the receptionist again. I asked for my old boss hoping she could assist me. The receptionist transferred me to service.

20 minutes (yes, I hung on that long) I ended up giving up and leaving a message that was never returned.

I can only hope that if I were a customer who was ready to buy, that I'd be treated with a little more care and consideration.