• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerSocket - Need help

jdavidson

Smashing Bugs
Sep 1, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joel
I need help coming up with a work around with DealerSocket. I am trynig to figure out a way to respond to email directly from my iPhone during off hours instead of having to log in on my laptop from home. DealerSocket had us create it's own individual email account for all correspondence from DealerSocket so that it can be logged in the system. If I reply from my phone, it will be from my personal email account and not logged. I am ok with the email not being logged in the system but I do not want to confuse the customer with emails from me coming from multiple email accounts.

I COULD add the DealerSocket account to my phone but then I would get ALL the emails in and out of DedalerSocket for the whole store on my phone.

I know there are plenty of guys on here that are much smarter than I am and can probably come up with a work around on this in two seconds (even though DealerSocket support was not helpful at all on this one.)

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Hunter,

Thanks for the help. I changed the email address that my correspondence goes out to match the one on my phone and added the account to DealerSocket. I'm going to try that for a few days and see if that works like we discussed. If not, we will try something else.

I also added my email account to DealerSocket so that inbound emails would be logged in DealerSocket. I had to remove it though because it was deleting emails off the server before I could read them in Outlook. Still a work in progress but I'm closer than I was. Glad this helped ya Blake.