• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerTrack Arkona Operating System

We have it. Dealertrack provides a very low quality product with very poor customer service. The problems and sorrow are constant. Thier attention to detail is completly lacking, and they generally have no clue what they are doing. I can't speak for the service department, but in the F&I department I am on the phone with them constantly trying to address simple things like contract itemization. When they finally get it right, someone over there comes along and changes it. Personal recomendation- don't do it. Sure, it's cheap. I can take a crap in a box and sell it to you cheap, but you will still end up with crap in a box, and that is what you will get from these guys. Don't buy a box of crap.

We use them at our store, but we don't have a parts department, so I can't speak for parts. It gets the job done, and it is inexpensive. The support is iffy, but we don't rely on our vendors to help us with every little problem. Someone at our dealership is very IT savvy, and we develop subject matter experts that really understand our systems and can solve problems without utilizing support about 90% of the time. You have to understand what you want out of the DMS before you buy it. We wanted open access to data so we could design our own reporting, low cost, and strong interoperability with third party vendors for things such as CRM and our key system. Dealertrack DMS fit the bill for us perfectly. We didn't care about integration with manufacturers (independent store) or highly accessible support. Just be up all the time and perform the basics at a good price. We have been very happy.