• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerTrack Installation Comments

Apr 26, 2012
First Name
Claire
We have been a Reynolds dealer for 25+ years. We are a medium sized single point Ford dealer. Last year we decided to switch to DealerTrack for cost savings and also growing difficulties with Reynolds.

The months leading up to the switch went well with basic workbooks and teleconferences. We sent 2 members of accounting to Salt Lake for training and it went well. Our in dealership training started yesterday, and seems to be going well. Most employees are grasping the basics. Our official switch will be Saturday night. We know we will have issues, and I will try to provide an update, but so far so good.

Claire

Reactions: 4 people
Claire, I apologize as i just saw this.

We switch to DT in April (right in the middle of me moving, wife 9 months pregnant and then me getting shingles, boy was that fun). We switched from ACS, which we went to in Jan 2009, after being with Reynolds since the 80's.

Ours was a little rougher than expected. Per DT we used ProQoutes to do our data transfer. This was pulled 3mo in advanced of our switch. When we made the switch, DT realized a lot of our parts data and service data did not come over correctly. This, according to DT and ProQuotes, was an issue with going from ACS, a smaller DMS, to DT. They said they have little issues going from ADP and Reynolds the way the data is structured.

In the end, our week long training service and parts ended up being a week log scramble between us, DT, and ProQuotes to get the data correctly in the system. It was rather aggravating and unexpected. But in the end DT got it all fixed.

Since we lost close to a week of valuable training in service and parts we had to do some crash courses. Good thing our team adapts well. Although, DT was very apologetic, and in the end with us really asking, they set up another free week of training. They sent a very good trainer 8 weeks later to work with everyone.

Curious to hear how your switch went.

Eley so DT used ProQoutes to get the data out of your old DMS into their system?

We are a month in now and things went well. We heard some stories about data transfer so my guys really worked hard checking everything many times in the process and it went well because of that. Should have switched years ago. Obviously there are problems we are still working and not everything is as we want it, but overall a good move.

Reactions: 1 person
Interested in how your conversion went. Was any data lost? Our owner looking to change our stores from Reynolds & Reynolds to Arkona for cost savings. How long was the "burn-in" period before all departments were up to speed? Can you get the same kinds of reports? Any advice to offer others considering the switch? I've heard of RDR issues and Parts issues with Arkona. Would appreciate any feedback.