1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealertrack Reviews?

Discussion in 'Dealership DMS Systems, Data, Security, I.T.' started by ChrisB, Mar 3, 2011.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Renee D

Renee D
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Renee
    Is Dealertrack truly an integrated DMS across all modules or is it a 'bolt on' concept where you choose an integration such as QuickBooks, etc?

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Jlewis74

Jlewis74
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Twitter Handle:
    jeremyl74
    It is the old Arkona system that they have put a GUI on to make it look better. It is a full store DMS with Accounting/Sales/F&I/Service/Parts

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. SHYLANI

SHYLANI
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    SHYLANI
    It's a horrible system for parts and service. Server is constantly down and customer service is well below poor.

5. Nathan Anderson

Nathan Anderson
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Nathan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Sum-Ware, Inc.
    Twitter Handle:
    HyntsSCF
    I helped a dealer migrate to Arkona several years before it became DealerTrack DMS and I have since made several custom applications that integrate with it. DealerTrack DMS is by no means perfect (the Parts functionality is particularly bad.. I mean what inventory system doesn't have a way to track "lost sales?"), but from an integration standpoint it is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. They have built in functionality to automatically run data reports and have them sent to a file server every day. More recently, they have provided the OpenTrack initiative that allows authorized third party vendors to have real-time read and/or write access to data within your DMS.

The base DMS weak points I have witnessed closely resemble Shylani's experience:
    • The Human Resources and Parts modules, especially inventory management, seem hacked together and not well planned out. This results in users having to work around the DMS and manually force the system to do things it should be able to automatically do.
    • The server is not at the dealership and is shared by multiple dealers. When there is a problem, it generally impacts all users at multiple dealerships. They are generally reasonably quick to resolve the issue, but customer service seems to be unresponsive when they already know "the server is down."

...Oops, my "noob" is showing. I just realized this is an older thread, so this feedback may not matter any more for the original poster(s). Guess I'll pay more attention to that in the future.

6. 2chris

2chris
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Chris
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Fox Buick GMC
    Stay away! constantly logs you out, doesn't do as much as Reynolds does, if internet is slow good luck writing a repair order, seems do be designed like the old DOS systems... if you don't know the shortcuts your screwed. limited to what is shown on screen, constantly not placing our parts orders or only submits partial orders, tech support is horrendous. was supposed to intergrate with xtime, which is owned by Cox automotive also, and it doesn't. the only advice that they offer you is "when you get used to it you will like it".... been 3 months and nobody at our dealership likes it, we had 2 people from one of our dealerships quit because of this program.I am looking at other employment because of dealertrack.I have talked to other dealerships and they hate it also for the same reasons as I have listed. my advice is look elsewhere!