Hey Tracy, how's your day?I will give you my honest opinion. STAY AWAY FROM DEALERTRACK! What a horrid POS! Its like a DMS you would get if you ordered off of wish! Things I use to do in 1 step on CDK now take me 4+ steps. I could make this comment 25 pages long on how shitty dealertrack is but I will cut it down to a few major complaints. Now this is coming from a parts standpoint but make no mistake I'm a 35 year vet in this business and I can tell you without a doubt this is the worst system ever invented! I would rather go back to pulling cards then using this time wasting hunk of crap!
1) Every process when finished takes you back to the main screen. You will find yourself entering your work number more in one month then you did in the past 3 years
2) The simplest tasks are now a pain in the ass! No more is there a scrolling window to show you each line of an RO ohhh no no now dealertrack puts them into windows. So if you have 4 pages and you need to make a few changes on line 4? After each change it will take you back to page 1 and now you have to click the little button to go back to page 4 for each part you need to adjust. TIME WASTEING POS!
3) Invoices use to be simplistic now you have to jump thru 40 hoops just to make an invoice, The SOP section is a pain in the ass also., You cant fill it from the RO nooooooo you have to go into the SOP screen to do that.
4) Pray you never have to find a customers invoice that they lost because dealertrack makes it so you can pull up the customer number but then leaves all the info behind their stupid little window system. So if you click on one and thats not the right one? When you click out of it it takes you ALL THE WAY BACK to where you have to put in the customer number again.
5) The PO system is horseshit! When making a PO you need to have 3 questions answered, Who are you buying from? What are you buying? and Where is it going? Dealertracks system has where you are buying from and that's it. No place to put a part number or RO number. These are basic functions that a toddler understands you need but dealertrack says their system cant do that. So when you need to find an old purchase order for warranty purposes? Good luck!
6) Just the simple act of opening a screen to check part numbers is a pain in the ass because it constantly wants to create an invoice for everything you type in. It wants to track purchases from jobbers like Napa. I don't need to track that shit I don't stock it!
7) The system loves to make up its own pricing, Between parts and service we are constantly going in and changing pricing. Some parts it marks up anywhere from 180% to 300%. We have been on the phone with dealertrack countless times to resolve this issue and their programmers are just and dumb as the people who designed this junk.
8) X-time is made by the same company so it should work seamlessly but instead they work like oil and water! They don't communicate with each other, the messaging system is a pain in the ass, 1/2 the time you don't even get the messages. This system touts it as a great communication tool but the truth is it takes away communication and makes everything a pain in the ass and takes twice as long. Now you have to send messages to people instead of having them right there to answer your questions instantly. People aren't sitting in front of their PC's all day waiting for messages. The only thing this system does is change it from when the Tech use to come to the counter with a list and you could ask them questions and get answers instantly to now you have to either sit and wait OR go track down the tech to get your questions answered. A complete waste of time and energy!
This is just a few of the top gripes I have about this system. This post could be 10 times longer. after 35+ years of this business I can honestly say this system has me looking for a new job.
Save yourself and your employees the frustration of using a system designed by morons! Spend the money and go with the big names! Rey Rey or CDK! You get what you pay for. In the case of Dealertrack you actually get LESS then what you are paying for!