• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerTrack - Yay 0r Nay?

SoCalMark

Rust & Dust
Oct 14, 2010
First Name
Mark
My dealer principal is switching to DealerTrack and there was a 2012 forum post here that pretty much executed them in review. Have they gotten any better yet? nyone else sail the ship away from Reynolds and CDK to give these people a try?

Comments are helpful and welcomed...

They do have a really good sales pitch, almost looks more like a Mormon Church presentation :popcorn:

Do you guys use the DealerTrack lender portal?

Truly, the way a business does one thing is the way they do everything.

If you like the lender portal, then you'll probably like the DMS. But why would you like the lender portal? It's a crap shoot and horribly designed - guaranteed you'll see the same with the DMS

I know it's October - have you made a decision yet on Dealertrack?
I would say it's not worst DMS out there, but it's kind of like you get what you pay for. More functionality than the really cheaper providers but not the horsepower of the big boys. they have upgraded off the old UCS platform (which is what they were in the beginning) but there are still limitations to this system that make it bothersome. Don't count on seeing a rep too often either.