• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Desking Favorites

Very nice! Do you pre-load rates and terms, etc., or add them manually for each pencil?

Yeah, the 3 of our sales managers made our sort of "rules of engagement"... Start every deal with a 27month lease, 36, 48, 60 purchase @ 9.9% APR to leave leg in the payments and payment quotes with $1000, $3000, and $5000 down unless the customer has already commited to more cash than that. That way we have leg in the payment to payment close some one and also 72 month purchase and 36 or 39 month lease as a switch.

Yeah, the 3 of our sales managers made our sort of "rules of engagement"... Start every deal with a 27month lease, 36, 48, 60 purchase @ 9.9% APR to leave leg in the payments and payment quotes with $1000, $3000, and $5000 down unless the customer has already commited to more cash than that. That way we have leg in the payment to payment close some one and also 72 month purchase and 36 or 39 month lease as a switch.

Hello! New to the forum here... sorry to bump an old thread like this, but I need help/advice! How did you go about designing such a spreadsheet? I'm looking to design one for my store but have NO idea where to begin! any examples or templates would have me eternally grateful! - Will

Hello! New to the forum here... sorry to bump an old thread like this, but I need help/advice! How did you go about designing such a spreadsheet? I'm looking to design one for my store but have NO idea where to begin! any examples or templates would have me eternally grateful! - Will

Hi willips -- curious to learn why you want to desk deals outside of your CRM system?

I think you mentioned your store uses VIN -- which (to the best of my knowledge) features a robust desking solution.

In my opinion, a CRM's desking/pencil tool is probably the most critical tool toward high/good CRM utilization in the store: if desk managers are engaged with CRM, good things happen, and a desking solution is critical to desk manager engagement.

Efforts to move these activities outside a CRM can have multiple undesired consequences -- CRM data deterioration, CRM neglect, lack of central "storage" and records -- the list can get lengthy. I'd advise caution before championing such a cause.

Reactions: Bill Simmons
Hi willips -- curious to learn why you want to desk deals outside of your CRM system?

I think you mentioned your store uses VIN -- which (to the best of my knowledge) features a robust desking solution.

In my opinion, a CRM's desking/pencil tool is probably the most critical tool toward high/good CRM utilization in the store: if desk managers are engaged with CRM, good things happen, and a desking solution is critical to desk manager engagement.

Efforts to move these activities outside a CRM can have multiple undesired consequences -- CRM data deterioration, CRM neglect, lack of central "storage" and records -- the list can get lengthy. I'd advise caution before championing such a cause.

Thank you for the advice JQuinn ... I am not suggesting that we dissolve use of the current CRM, but rather have a solid back up that is much more time efficient. I've noticed that we encounter lots of instances where VIN keeps freezing up or "goes down" temporarily, preventing the desk from working numbers for anyone.

I agree and appreciate the robust features available in VIN make it a great tool, but sometimes it also creates serious delays. I fully believe that if the sales consultants are expected to perform their jobs in a timely manner that the desk should be able to do so as well - even if the internet goes down temporarily, or other issues come up, it shouldn't put everything into a FREEZE! state haha.

Perhaps it's just me, but from what I've seen on buyers order my managers give me, a lease proposal and a purchase proposal usually come out on two different sheets. I am just looking for a supplement that can help myself as well as the desk in order to work efficiently and reduce "lag time" if you will.

Reactions: Jose Galvan
Thank you for the advice JQuinn ... I am not suggesting that we dissolve use of the current CRM, but rather have a solid back up that is much more time efficient. I've noticed that we encounter lots of instances where VIN keeps freezing up or "goes down" temporarily, preventing the desk from working numbers for anyone.

I agree and appreciate the robust features available in VIN make it a great tool, but sometimes it also creates serious delays. I fully believe that if the sales consultants are expected to perform their jobs in a timely manner that the desk should be able to do so as well - even if the internet goes down temporarily, or other issues come up, it shouldn't put everything into a FREEZE! state haha.

Perhaps it's just me, but from what I've seen on buyers order my managers give me, a lease proposal and a purchase proposal usually come out on two different sheets. I am just looking for a supplement that can help myself as well as the desk in order to work efficiently and reduce "lag time" if you will.

Depending on the Franchise you are desking deals I would't suggest you use an xls. There is a ton of data and policy to take into consideration that you might not generate the most profit using an xls file in my opinion. :)

Last edited: