• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Did CarGurus really just quote us $5200/month???

CARBIZ

Made Draw
May 17, 2010
First Name
Evan
I thought this site was free? Now they are quoting more than Autotrader.com? Someone pinch me. Does anyone on this forum pay anything for their site? If so, how much and is it worth it. I was thinking their site should be more in the $500/month price range. Thoughts?

I was wondering why our inventory is showing up on cargurus so I decided to put in a test lead on one of our vehicles and see what happens.

Anyway, the lead comes through as cars.com...this is something you may want to look in to

shoot me a PM as I am in the same area as you

I thought this site was free? Now they are quoting more than Autotrader.com? Someone pinch me. Does anyone on this forum pay anything for their site? If so, how much and is it worth it. I was thinking their site should be more in the $500/month price range. Thoughts?

Our inventory is listed on their site and our leads come through as pay per lead with AutoUsa. Is your inventory on their now? How is it sourcing when a lead comes in?

Reactions: 1 person
Our inventory was listed on the site in the past but has since been removed, prompting us to call and inquire. I personally do not like their site (cheap ads combined with consumer/anti-dealer based biased information) but it seems that customers are going to the site. Therefore, a necessary evil? I wonder why they removed our listings? and how would we get them back on through a 3rd party?

Cargurus is good and bad. They have the time on site with good leverage/poor leverage type rating as well as a comparison against market price but we've been getting some good heat on our cars through the site.

CARBIZ, I've just been dealing with this site recently. Cargurus was getting my inventory feed from Cars.com, unfortunately, CARS.com "rotates" their feed amongst many other 3rd party sites like this. So your inventory can be on Cargurus for 2 months, and then just disappear as they drop it off the rotation. If you sign up for their dealer account and pay them, you can receive leads directly from Cargurus then.