• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DMS Options

So we are trying to get away from reyrey. What are our options? our contract end next month with reyrey

Ouch, you haven't left yourself much room with a month to go. That is cutting it really close. We started looking with 2 years left after we were fed up with :naughty: Reynolds and we bought out the contract. We went with ACS in Nov of 2008 (talk about good timing), reducing our $14,000+ per month bill with Reynolds to about $1,700 a month with ACS. We had a smooth transition, some griping, but when explained what it saved the dealership and especially in the middle of the economy tanking they understood.

One thing from my experience is you need to be careful about is your data, its YOUR data, GET YOUR DATA out of Reynolds and onto a server that you can access, they will cut you out of the data faster than you can think “hey, what happened to my dataâ€! You need to have your lawyer look over your agreement at what you can and can’t do because they have deep pockets. But I can’t stress enough to capture your data outside of Reynolds for future use.

You might find some help here with leaving Reynolds: Forum: Reynolds and Reynolds

And be ready for the onslaught from them that you have lost your mind, your crazy, your stupid, nuts, retarded and just about any other BS 1980’s hard sell approach they have in their bag of tricks to make you stick with them. One rep was so arrogant that he told me we would be out of business in a year without Reynolds.

Currently we are looking again probably in the next 6 months. My issues with ACS is that they do not integrate with vendors very well, especially live integration. We like ACS, easy to use, great customer service. Our CRM cannot talk to ACS in a live manner; we cannot push deals from our CRM live into ACS. It’s a real issue when you’re trying to streamline your selling processes.

One of my top picks so far is Dealer Track. They are about the same cost, and their solution Open Track integrates with a ton of vendors.

Good luck with Reynolds, if you want to contact me feel free to.

One thing from my experience is you need to be careful about is your data, its YOUR data, GET YOUR DATA out of Reynolds and onto a server that you can access, they will cut you out of the data faster than you can think “hey, what happened to my data”!

I always thought it was wrong of them to charge third party vendors to access this data as well. I heard it was in the neighborhood of $200,000 to become 'Reynolds Certified'. This way they do not have to refresh the security login in order to access the dealer's data (which can be a pain for the vendor trying to access and ultimately affect the dealer).

Mr. Duke - I know yours was an older posting, but I was wondering which DMS you chose if you did indeed leave Autosoft. We are with Quorum right now and are looking to switch. We have talked to DT, ADP, and R&R, and we are having a hard time separating the fact from the hype. R&R and ADP have good products but cost and long term contracts have us unsure. DT has the best price by far with their rapid expansion we are worried about their tech support and cust service. Anything you're willing to share I would love to hear.

Mr. Duke - I know yours was an older posting, but I was wondering which DMS you chose if you did indeed leave Autosoft. We are with Quorum right now and are looking to switch. We have talked to DT, ADP, and R&R, and we are having a hard time separating the fact from the hype. R&R and ADP have good products but cost and long term contracts have us unsure. DT has the best price by far with their rapid expansion we are worried about their tech support and cust service. Anything you're willing to share I would love to hear.

You should also look at Automate. They have been around for a long time and have a very robust system.