• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do NOT use Dealer Car Search - HORRIBLE customer service

AWW_Spencerport

Smashing Bugs
May 16, 2012
First Name
Ryan
EDIT: In all fairness, the person who sent the email did just call me and Apologize for what she sent. She admitted it was rude and uncalled for and she said that she is just so stressed that it came out. She did seem like a very nice person who just kinda "lost it".

----------

We have been using Dealer Car Search for almost a year. Their product is decent enough, but their customer service is AWFUL. Often times, we have to send them multiple emails just to get something changed on our website. And when they do change it the first time, they just ignore certain requests in the email so we have to email them all over again. If you call to complain about something, the answer is basically "Too bad, thats our policy. Goodbye".

The straw that broke the camels back was when I called 3 times for them to change a feature tool on our website and each time I was given the "Too bad" response. The last time I called the lady on the other end told me that other dealers keep calling them about the same thing. I decided to write an email to the internet manager and the owner. The internet manager responded nicely and told me a work around that wasn't a great option but an option none the less. Then another person responsed, I'm assuming a relative of the owner because she had the same last name and said (paraphrasing) "Joe (name of internet manager), ignore his Childishness. Tell him to use the old tool and thats that".

I was astonished. I don't know if she meant to just email Joe and accidentally included me or what, but I couldn't believe it. It was the straw that broke the camels back.

With that being said, do you guys have any suggestions on Website CMS Companies we should go with? Thanks!