• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you source photos from private-party seller leads?

Satchel Kolde

Lot Lizard
Sep 8, 2022
Awards
First Name
Satchel
Hey guys

Some of our dealers asked if they could text out links to our app purely to gather photos from private-party seller leads

Sounds like a couple companies offer this but our power users (some of the best PP buyers in the country IMO) said that they're low quality (long, glitchy) AND too expensive ($3 per link ??)

We spend a ton of time coding our photo engine for our own usage... and we are constantly optimizing because the effect on conversion is huge. It's super easy for us to provide this off the shelf for anyone else to use

I just deployed this as a free feature in the dashboard - you can send links from the dash or via API

If anyone else has a use-case for self-inspection links and wants to try this, email me [email protected]. If you are new to Roadra just send your name/email/phone/dealership and I'll send you a magic link

LMK of features / changes that would be helpful

Nothing more frustrating that a Private seller offering up ONLY 1 image. Or they'll have 3 of the exterior, in the worse angles, with no interior. I've been looking for a small truck for my daughter, often on Marketplace - the images and descriptions are not encouraging 90% of the time.

Reactions: Satchel Kolde
Nothing more frustrating that a Private seller offering up ONLY 1 image. Or they'll have 3 of the exterior, in the worse angles, with no interior. I've been looking for a small truck for my daughter, often on Marketplace - the images and descriptions are not encouraging 90% of the time.
They aren't any better at sending pictures for sight unseen trade appraisals. :rofl:

They aren't any better at sending pictures for sight unseen trade appraisals. :rofl:

Exactly...

Getting sellers to capture the angles we require for our auction and take high quality photos has been a huge challenge

What we did to consistently get fresh, comprehensive photos:
1) Build web based capture, no app download etc., just a browser tab (if they are on desktop text them a link or show a QR code so they can switch to a phone, magic link so no login)
2) Make it super fast, zero loading between stages
3) Use easy guide photos and keep them on screen, outlines are worse
4) Allow everything to work in portrait or landscape

Exactly...

Getting sellers to capture the angles we require for our auction and take high quality photos has been a huge challenge

What we did to consistently get fresh, comprehensive photos:
1) Build web based capture, no app download etc., just a browser tab (if they are on desktop text them a link or show a QR code so they can switch to a phone, magic link so no login)
2) Make it super fast, zero loading between stages
3) Use easy guide photos and keep them on screen, outlines are worse
4) Allow everything to work in portrait or landscape

Can the page be branded to match the dealer?